TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

IMO, a video won't be (much) more helpful than the existing tutorial for the reasons bolded above.
    I don't think you can even show anything in a video that isn't already seen in the tutorials.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ ^In that case I can also make a post-modern and futuristic depiction of measuring process for another leather :devil:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

3. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

You should be doing the video free of charge as a sacrificial offering to the temple lol :devil: or maybe even a discount towards your next purchase.

If anything, willy cheesesteak should get a free leather :slayer:

4. Grug

Grug Senior member

There isn't any additional information to offer people, no. The difference lies in their ability to understand it - that's where making things visual makes a difference.

Do you regularly offer to do two day's work for free for your employers? They must love you! :crackup:

Better yet, come work for me!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

5. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

I'm not sure if this was aimed at me, but I would just like to clarify that I have no problem with the measurement procedure, and I find your measurement guide to be incredibly thorough (probably the best I've encountered). I was just wondering why some producers ask for different measurements (around the outside of the elbow, instead of straight down)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

not you man, everybody lately... the measurement guide was working for awhile then it got forgotten about I guess, I need to bump that post up again, brb

7. impolyt_one

8. realmisr

realmisr Well-Known Member

This measurement thing has been taken wayyy overboard. Honestly it only takes the average IQ to get it right...

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

People are just trying to be careful when spending (im thinking first time for most people?) subsequent money on a piece of clothes

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. impolyt_one

kind of, but my opinion on it this; there are two ways to do it - it's either intuitive to you, and you can 'feel' it and know how to do it without even having to read my spiel... and then for the people who don't get that, there's the clinical way I have above that walks you through the 7 or so measurements that are needed, with two ways to go about it. If you do it any of those ways, you will end up with a 'perfect' (yeah, I know...) fit.

It's when you get too nervous about it, like a girl about to get her cherry popped and subsequently stay coke bottle-breaking tight the whole time, does it go wrong and hurt. It's in your head, don't confuse yourselves. It's simple, so keep it simple. There are so many ways of doing the TOJ measurements, and there's only 7 to go through, it doesn't need to hurt at all, babies. ;)

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I bet Drew feels like a kindergarten teacher all the time-- you teach kids basic things like how to grab fork and how to write their own name, and next year, he has to do the same thing all over again at newcomers. :eek:

Bump

13. Grug

Grug Senior member

Fuark, just scored a date with a Miss World runner up this Friday night :smarmy: I need my new MDR now! Any updates on how far off it might be Drew?

14. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

You don't need a legit jacket to score with her, just talk about world peace, bitches looove world peace.

15. impolyt_one

Well, it'll be done soon, but I hate to disappoint you when I say it won't be arriving on your doorstep by Friday =\ I've only made that miracle happen a few times before.

I am however going to Seoul tomorrow, gonna get some new stuff worked up, make sure orders are in order, and then we're on track for some new releases. :slayer: