1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

It's so hard for me to not start randomly experimenting on mine - throwing it in the wash, "just to see what happens," oiling, waxing, beating it with a stick, "just to see what happens"

I think I'm going to go rub some nivea on the cuff now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  2. MikkoN

MikkoN Senior member

Anything but this if you wish to wear it one day mate.
    If you do not believe me, google "gun holsters and vegetable tanned leather".
    Only part of this jacket I might ever consider intentionally watering at all is the tips of the collars.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Ha ha! Thanks for this link! I guess I won't try that. Maybe I'll just stick with the "wear it until it kills me" approach...

4. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Got my TOJ1 last Friday, thanks guys.

Thus I decided to post a photo albeit a crappy iphone photo (apologies).

Fits a bit tight in the shoulder/pits (I have been working out since I ordered it lol) but otherwise fine with just a t-shirt on and possibly a button-up (haven't tried). Too tight to wear a sweater underneath but I didn't really plan on wearing it with one anyway.

Burgundy/Cream
    Sizing info: Size 50, +1 sleeves, -2 to front and back length

[​IMG]

Now I just need to save up for a brown A2 bomber.

2 people like this.
  5. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

looks really good redonya07. What's your height/weight/chest size out of curiosity?

6. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

+1 on that. I'm wondering if a 50 will fit me. Damn son, you must have long ass arms to be +1 on arms and -2 on body.

7. user7

user7 Senior member

going to stock sizes is a good move. ppl get too anxious over custom sizing and 95% dont need it.

1 person likes this.
  8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

actually lol'd

would be hilarious if you did a video of you playing with the jacket (homo, oui)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  9. redonya07

redonya07 Active Member

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 167 lbs.
    Chest Size: 40" (this was from the last time I measured myself in Oct., could be slightly diff now)

And yeah...I do have hella long arms haha.

10. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

So I got some food on the suede patch of my bomber, scrubbed at it with some water and I have a whitish stain looking thing on the patch now. Any suggestions on cleaning the suede?

11. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

sounds like you scrubbed off some of the dye. ive done this numerous times trying to clean suede shoes.

12. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

I "scrubbed" with my finger for like 2 seconds, that would really surprise me but it is def. possible.

13. Derek92

Derek92 Senior member

How much do you guys love your TOJ1s? I would rather buy an A2 as my first TOJ but since they are discontinuing the TOJ1 I am so very tempted to get one. Any advice you guys can give?

14. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

cant speak for the toj1 but i love my wv toj. that being said it gets almost no use compared to my 2 toj leathers [partially because its too warm to wear 95% of the time in florida], save up for one of those instead

15. chaos

chaos Senior member

same as above; love my TOJ1 but a varsity and a leather jacket are two different playing fields. go for the A2, you won't regret it

edit: just a warning: you won't want to stop after the first purchase so yeah, start saving [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  16. Shryke

Shryke Senior member

Postman just arrived with my first TOJ - MDR in grey. Fit is exactly how I wanted it to be, and the quality is breathtaking.

Will definitely be ordering more.

17. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

Hey Internet, give me toj style advice. I just received my brown lamb a2 bomber about a week or two ago, and now I want to purchase my second jacket. I'm leaning toward a minimalist double rider, as opposed to the double rider. What color should I get?

I'm thinking grey but the only colors of shoes you can wear with this jacket are white, grey and black, right? My wardrobe consists of mainly earth tones, however.

18. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

Black. it's more versatile than you think. Just don't wear dark brown shoes or boots.

19. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

you could prob go with a tan as well. maybe AFL could weigh in here (hes got a tan dr)

20. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Fit Battle entry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

37 people like this.