TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Few updates:

- I think I did like 600 emails this week, no joke, maybe 750 or more. I basically didn't get anything done besides emails and a bunch of emails still took a long time to respond to. There's gotta be a reduction in email traffic per person, otherwise you won't hear back from me. I am parsing questions and stuff so that mails don't get too chit-chatty, just don't have time for that sorry. Just need to know 1) the model you want to buy, 2) color you want to buy it in, and 3) the size that you have determined on your own. If you need to know something, you can ask in this thread and tons of people are willing to give you their input. There are reasonable questions and concerns that I address to the best of my ability, but as you can imagine, it gets weighed down considerably by people asking random questions about the varsity, asking about impossible customizations and special snowflake things, etc. I will have to soup nazi people if this week becomes every week. :hide:

If you have questions about sizing, post them here. Do try measuring first, rather than guesstimating or just saying 'I wear a 20 in shirts' or something vague. If you're telling me you have some jacket that fits perfectly, and you want to know what size of TOJ1 to get - then measure that jacket that fits perfectly... because I don't have it.

Payments are made to the same email address, so once you've heard from me, figure that you've inputted the email address correctly. I undersign my emails "'-Drew" because when you go to pay templeofjawnz at gmail dot com via Paypal, it will say, 'Congratulations - you've sent Drew Keith $x.xx' and your own paypal account will show that you've paid me (gotta refresh the page once or twice to get it to update) - and that is how you know you've paid me successfully, and you will also get an email saying the same. It's quite simple. I still get tons of people emailing me back asking if the payment went through, though I think this is kind of an unnecessary step? Literally hundreds of emails having to be written every week for that purpose.

Anybody who is confused about paying via Paypal, use the regular purchase tab for 'goods' (this is the default setting that Paypal uses btw) and NOT as a gift - when you go to pay, there will be a tab of choices to determine a category for your payment, and some of them from the 'personal' tab do not deduct fees from your payment to me - I don't want that. I want the normal purchase tab and you fill in the 'goods' category.

example of how it should look before you hit 'send'
    [​IMG]

anyway, all of that said - I think I finished my emails again, so bump yourself up if you need to hear back from me on an order. If you are wondering about the status of an order, be patient. We send tracking numbers when they're done. That is it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

2. impolyt_one

you probably need a revision come to think of it, maybe another half inch in the chest.

3. impolyt_one

while I'm at it:

[​IMG]

to the guy who asked about free TOJ stickers - we don't have any stickers man. "We make clothes, not stickers" - plus it would cost me like $20 to send somebody free stickers, so yeah.

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

So, like, I mean, you're telling him no?

5. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

OK, make it so. 21.5" p2p it is. I won't send you an email about this :embar:
    (Edit: Until I checked my inbox, I did end up pestering him. The life of an internet hero swag-maker is hard.)

6. impolyt_one

I don't want to rule out the production of stickers forever, in the event that TOJ becomes the next Supleme :slayer:

7. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

when are the winter coats coming, its long past september

8. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

I blame TOJ1s holding up the coat makers.

9. buran

buran Senior member

I went with a TOJ1 because I couldn't wait any longer for the winter coats.

10. Oski

Oski Senior member

So one of my friends had a punk show last night, I went.
    With my DR on. Let me tell ya, this thing is sex inducing.
    Both girlz, gheyz and guyz kept complimenting me.
    Saying how punx I was, little did they know it was all fashunz.
    One girl was rubbing all up on my jacket, she said mah leather so softtt.
    Mind you this DR is calf, she would have orgasm'd if she felt the lamb...

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

:laugh:

12. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

^ lol. Honestly, after looking at the TOJ page (and I think my neck is normal length so any style would work), I cannot understand how you guys made the first choice. So many nice jackets!

Question about the lambskin, forgive me if this has been asked, but how is the durability and aging vs cowhide? Also it doesn't mention on the unofficial TOJ page, are all leather jackets tweakable in sizing?

13. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I have loooooooooooooooong neck and wear bc moto. It looks a little weird but who cares, I love it.

14. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Cliffnotes: Cowhide is like armor, some pitbull bit some guy wearing calf toj, and he got away with just a bruise on his arm. Jacket was okay. With lamb, its so soft that u will be slaying women who make the mistake(?) of rubbing up against you. In terms of durability, expect the calf to last longer than the lamb. That being said, Drew recommends lamb for everyone save the biggest klutzes and people that get into knife fights.

Neck size aside, guess it depends on how conservative you are. I am definitely more a bomber guy than moto. Maybe its because i already own a cafe racer style jacket, but i think bombers have so much more swag juice.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

15. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member