TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Gatsbee

Gatsbee Senior member

Black Lamb. My first real/nice quality leather, so I went with the safe bet.

Maybe I'll try something more exotic for my next one :)

2. false

false Senior member

Does it make sense to measure yourself with a medium weight sweater on if your planning on wearing the jacket with a sweater or is there enough give in the cut that I should stick to true measurements (I want a CWU 45)? Also, do these measurements make sense? Figure I should ask the hive before bugging Drew. Measurements below.

173cm (~5'7") 72 Kilos (158 pounds) Slightly athletic build so I'm a bit worried about upper torso fit (deadlifting = Shirts cutting up arm pits).

Old WAYWT for reference (In the red shirt) : http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/7845#post_3200439

Shoulder 17
    Chest 39 41
    Midsection 33.5 34
    Waist 34 35.5 (Fabric Bunching?)
    Front L 23(Does this sound reasonable for someone 5'7"? Measure to point of crotch on tight APCs equal to bottom pocket rivet)
    Sleeve L 22.5/23 (changes everytime I measure - safer to go the extra .5 and let the leather stack?)
    Bicep 13.5 13.8

Out of curiosity, any reason why the across the back of the shoulders measurement was cut?

Thanks much, very excited.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

23" front length sounds a bit long for someone about my height. Maybe knock an inch or so off. The CWU 45 has ribbed wrists so I'd err on the longer side.

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

23 inches front length for someone that is 5'7 is way too long(unless you have the torso of johnny bravo).

5. false

false Senior member

Uh, if I could someone describe the measurement point in another way?? Like second or third button down on tight APC's, an inch below bottom of the belt loops, something like that?

6. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

For APCs, I'd say down to the button of the waistband.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

I would email Drew directly for sizing stuff.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's already here, it was -1c this morning when I was walking the dog.:freeze:

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm basically you and you're a little over 5'8" at 173cm. My bomber is 21" even in front. You might want 22 at most. 21.5 is probably best.

10. false

false Senior member

aeglus, bit stalkerish but may I ask your bicep and shoulder measurements from when you ordered your bomber? Your arms are a bit more where I want mine to be but otherwise it does look like you may be a close model. I'll stop cluttering up the thread and get at Drew otherwise. Thanks for the input.

11. darkknight

darkknight Senior member

if i want a blacked out mdr with the little pocket thingy like on the uncontrol rider, i can has?

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Shoulder looks about right, and I don't remember what my original numbers were for biceps. I measured now and it was 7.5" across and is almost skin tight when I flex wearing the bomber.

13. computurd

computurd Senior member

false im 5'5 and this is what my jacket looks like

http://toj-gallery.com/v/toj_bomber_fw10/computurd_002.jpg.html

Front length was 20 inches, back length was 22 inches
    Arm length was 23.9

Id say look at the size chart.

[​IMG]

Look for the size that is closest to your body, esp shoulders and chest, then tweak (ie slightly tighten up/loosen up, adjust lengths) from there. 46 looks very similar to what you posted

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Front length is personal taste, depends highly on how you wear your jeans. White people tend to have longer legs than Asian dudes a lot of the time and there's a contingent of people who sag their jeans, and then some who wear their jeans nut-huggingly high, and this will throw your jacket front length off by a matter of inches. The best coverage/balance is usually about a half inch or inch above the bottom pocket rivet of your jeans, but then again, depends on how you wear your jeans. I wear my jeans really low.

If I have to give averages, the front length for guys 5'5-5'6 is about 20" on a rider's jacket, 21" on a Bomber, 5'6-5'7 = 21"/22" respectively, 5'7-5'8 = 22/23", 5'9-5'10 maybe 22.5/23.5, 5'10-6' = 23"/24" and then the curve tends to flatten out a bit more as you go higher. As you can see, the Bombers are better about an inch longer than the Rider's jackets per height, because of the ribbed hem, likewise sleeve length.

It doesn't need to be that formulaic though, it should be more an emotional thing where you can hold that tape out and just imagine that jacket hitting wherever it is you're holding the tape out to. Simple as that.

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

All this talk of measurements got me to finally measure my jacket. Saved it in my personal email and as a note in Outlook. I feel like I can sleep easier now. :nodding: