TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Islander

Islander Senior member

Of course there's no depreciation because the company has no tangible assets (except inventory) and a single competitive intangible asset, namely Mr. TOJ. The equity value of the company is minimal, and if there is cash on the balance sheet the enterprise value is probably negative. It is an ideal business if you are the sole proprietor and your objective is to generate free cash flow. /// do not mess with TOJ

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

the fun thing is that this doesn't really change when you leave college either

want that collared moto goddamn, i need it

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

^ you shall have it, your email is in my 'to-write' stack right now. You write these elegant essays to me, I feel bad giving you the three-worder. :eek: I am a man who appreciates good words.

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

After my recent miss (no regrets, was worth it to see it was a miss) it's going to be so much more awesome once my thing finishes up.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Drew, I would hand-write you letters if I thought I could get away with it. And were a better calligrapher.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  6. impolyt_one

what miss?

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

What are you a pleb? Just dictate to your in-house calligrapher while drinking bourbon.

8. impolyt_one

And I'd tuck them away in an old Montecristo #4 box in my mid century mahogany sideboard. :eek:

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nothing big, just had one jacket I found fit really great for a low price (blue collared moto) and saw a similar DR one in measurements online for a decent price so I tried it out; would look nice on the right person but not for me.

Grail is coming soon enough anyway.

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

what is this grail you speak of?

11. impolyt_one

personal - but a many faceted thing. In short, I had to get the fuck out of Seoul before I went crazy. Seoul is in another universe from Tokyo. Not that Tokyo is necessarily in the same universe as any other world city, but I have always thought about living here for probably about 12 years, finally happened when the time was right. My life can include clothes, but can't revolve around clothes, because I'll go crazy, but also because my mind tends to wander around like it's a neighborhood of sorts and I just kind of observe this and that, I'm inadvertently researching everything. I have a catalog-like mass of mental junk in my head, and Tokyo is a decent place to be like that - everything is here and people are pretty open minded. I don't need to be a freak show, but I don't really fit in many places for various reasons, so this is about as good as I can get, I think.
    There's a shop for everything here, people know about random minutia and it's reasonably entertaining, the older lasting facets of Japanese culture in themselves are deep and interesting, and you can grab little bits and pieces of modern popular culture here that just doesn't exist in Korea. In the near future, I'm looking forward to buying a reasonably priced used station wagon, and taking my dog up to the mountains in Karuizawa and staying at John Lennon's favorite vacation spot, and buying some locally famous whiskey to drink in a hot spring. Korea doesn't really offer these kinds of things. There are ceilings to what each place offers, and the one in Korea is very low, it's uninspiring.

I spent many years in Korea, but frankly a lot of it was wasted time. I needed it for the wind-up to where my mind has led me now, but I did squander most of my twenties just pushing the paint around. Met a lot of uninspired people in Seoul, thieves and liars, and all around shitbag people, there seemed to be a high concentration of them in Seoul; I don't think I had any moments where I had to question if that was wrong, I knew it was not a good scene, but I did constantly question why I was there and how I could get out of it. So glad to be gone now.

I think Korea is a nice place to make honest free-market money, there are a lot of wide open doors where I could deliver something, but meanwhile I think I will make roots in Tokyo, it's a place I have been many times before in the past and I can live here happily. You gotta find the right place to live, and well, Tokyo is a little expensive for select things, but it's worth it to live here IMO.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

great insight. love me a good honest drew post

13. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

great post drew. its cool to get perspectives from people outside of the states. i really hope i get a chance to travel through asia in the future.

are subarus accessible in tokyo? i could see you cruising into the mountains driving a WRX wagon with the dog hanging out the passenger side window.

i say this because i'm a subaru fiend.

14. impolyt_one

Subarus are a dime a dozen here, but they seem to be made for middle aged people living in the north. Tokyo is mostly warm and everyone drives BMW 5-series touring M-sports or E class wagons as family cars in the middle of Tokyo. Driving a domestic is company car status in Japan.

15. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I just like hearing the experiences and thoughts of someone older and in a different field than me. Its great