TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

Story of my life, bro. :p

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

what are you doing now? (don't tell me it's an unrelated undergrad i think i'd have a heart attack for you)

I'm just starting my Masters and honestly I can't fathom coming back, at least not for a couple of years.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

My current occupation correlates to my BS and my MS. My master's was in the same field as my undergrad, so I was able to burn through it in 1.5 years. Masters' are only a 1 year program for you guys in Australia, right? I'm just assuming since Australia and the Uk are more popular destinations for overseas students than the U.S.

Maybe people wonder why I don't go for a PhD instead. I don't have the drive for it. And the salary to time needed is not a good enough ratio for me.

I've always had an itch for business, always read Forbes and business books during my free time so I studied for the GMAT during the summer prior to graduation and now I'm in MBA school.

Honestly, if I didn't go to school now without stopping, I'd probably would never. I gotta do it while the momentum is with me. The good thing about my current field is that the pay is pretty good. The bad thing is that the field only exists in more developed countries.

I told Drew after I wrap up my studies, I'm going to join the ToJ team to turn it into a multi million dollar firm. Dream coming true circa 2020. (If we survive 2012).

4. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

*found it

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  5. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

End of the world can wait for that to happen :D

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

I'm in New Zealand. Yeah it's 1 year, but you generally do a post-grad diploma or honours following the undergrad degree so i think it works out much the same. One of my papers is the proposal to my thesis next year, writing it up now. It's quite exciting!

Yeah it's ridiculous. 4+ years on a shitty stipend then post-doc's get like $60k. fuck that.

having said that i don't know what else i'll do after my masters, although i think i'm in a field and under someone reputable enough that i might be able to get a job as a research assistant somewhere. preferably overseas.

do it......and then sell for 3x its worth.

7. kueller

kueller Well-Known Member

Washed my QDR on the weekend. 15min hot soak & hang dry.
    Buttery softness is gone, replaced by a matte finish. Batman swag.

Note a few things;
    Zippers no longer as smooth.
    Slimmed everywhere slightly YMMV - stretch it while it's wet to maintain lengths.
    Gone a little wavy/asymmetrical/slightly distressed, you can manipulate the creases while it's wet.
    The leather smell is not so strong now.
    Overall quite happy.

Does anyone know to stretch the ribbing on Toj jackets?
    Still got the unzipped "pyramid" thing happening with the ma-1.
    Any experience with washing the tech fabric jackets, expected shrinkage etc?

8. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Wow. please tell me this is trolling and not pure stupidity. May I suggest bookmarking? OOOOOOORRRRRR, counting them yourself?

9. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

Having such a hard time convincing myself to drop the $ on a TOJ CWU45. I have never actually owned a leather jacket and don't know if that style is versatile enough, or I would look good enough, to make the purchase worth it. SIGH anyone wanna ship me their TOJ for me to check my swag level?

10. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

the bombers are by far the easiest leathers to pull off, it's definitely more than versatile enough

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

dude, wj, you don't need an MBA to turn TOJ into a multi-million dollar business; it already is. You could help turn it into a huge motherfucking thing, like now, without an MBA. Work is work. Degrees and paper are just that. I don't have an MBA, and I could direct TOJ into something much bigger already. It's just a matter of having a good little cafe, or a huge restaurant chain to cook at. Both can work and be profitable, and make everyone satisfied at the end of the day, but it's always a matter of numbers and never coming up short on what you sell to a customer. The easiest way to fall in the shit is to overcharge for shit product, and we will avoid that.

12. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

13. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

k i quit skool nao. you hire me.

14. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

I will start setting aside a couple hundred a week, so I will have a few weeks to think it over and make sure its something I want to invest in. Hmm black or brown...

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I have an MBA; perhaps I can help you turn it into a multi dollar business?

Dunno what you mean by the part I bolded; you're the entrepreneur, but to me it has always meant cash flow.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011