TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

these two fit pics are literally my fucking favorite in this thread, bar none. thanks for posting amazing pictures guys.

islander, ur pic swayed me to get the CWU next. bomber can wait. sick. sick. sick. :slayer:

unc, how swaggy u feel? ;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yeah it was nice to wake up to all that, and Willy in the A-2 with Conan O'Brien. Today is TOJ day.... (isn't the iPhone 5 coming out today as well?)

3. Islander

Islander Senior member

Hey thanks Drew. I wanted to get a picture up for you but I was coming off a night shift so yeah the bathroom mirror thing. I think the CWU45/P is totally underrated... I'm secretly hoping it gets discontinued so I will have one of the only ones evaaar.
    EDIT: OK maybe one more for uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx :devil:

Not surprised it got lost in the madness - congrats Uncontrol, that is a great jacket.

More information (email to Drew) that I could have included in my OP: "I received my black CWU45/P jacket a couple of days ago. I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you - it exceeded my expectations in every way. It's obvious that you are not just throwing these together; a lot of careful thought and engineering went into the design. It is also clear that a great deal of care was taken during it's construction, every stitch and seam is flawless and it sits perfectly in all the right places. We also nailed the fit, I would not change anything. I greatly appreciate the time that you took to help me get it right. I can't believe the CWU-45 isn't a more popular choice, maybe I'm just old but I think it is such a cool jacket."

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

The bombers are great for those of us in the old man club (sup NOBD/MOK, does 38 qualify?)

5. impolyt_one

My dad is 60 and doesn't care the least about clothes, and saw me wearing the black CWU-45 and said - 'man that's a cool jacket' and it's now the one he wants me to make for him. :eek:

6. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Hey Drew, will you be releasing the new leathers before upping the price?

7. Fridgerator

Fridgerator Active Member

That's awesome Drew, I wish my field of design would work the same way fashion does, then I could make something for my family that they can appreciate. Must feel pretty cool

8. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

I'm dreaming about that VTG MDR, i knew i wanted a MDR to complete my Temple set, but couldn't decide on a colour, until that Veg Tan put my head into a tailspin. Extra bump in price be damned! Now I'm just sitting on this thread like a damn leech wait for it to become available. That thing will be mine...:devil:

9. impolyt_one

the VTG will be out soon. Dan is sending the samples to Tokyo today and then I'm gonna mess around with them a bit to see what they do. As I mentioned, they are really stiff and pretty uncomfortable out of the box. I'm gonna oil them up and see if they soften a bit where they need to. I may need to bring out a baseball bat. :eek: Price on the VTG is unrelated to the price increase on the calf and lamb, that was just to shore up the increasing costs on those.

10. david123

david123 Senior member

Hey Drew, just to clarify: the winter stuff is coming out soon, the VTG stuff is coming out soon, and then are there new calf and lamb pieces too? In any case I'm looking forward to grabbing a peacoat and just want to plan all my purchases.

11. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Can you still get shearling collar on the CWUs?

12. impolyt_one

shearling collar was never an option on the CWU.

13. peternorth

peternorth Senior member

Anyone recommend me a tailor in NYC. Need the sleeves on the bomber to be a tad bit slimmer.

14. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Ah wow, that was was kept me on the fence between that and a bomber. Don't want to shit up the thread, so I'll move this to email... But would it be out of the question to request shearling on the cwu for an up charge?

15. impolyt_one