• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

It's akin to wearing in dry denim, except where you are trying to lose color in denim and get whiskers and contrast, etc, you're putting color into these jackets.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read your original description of it.

The guy who's worn the same pair of jeans every day since March is intrigued (and cheering for a moto version).

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I I too have been wearing the same pair of jeans almost every day since March and I can't agree with you more lol
not this thread related but decided to get the Glow in the Dark jeans. That counts as grey jeans right?

omgcookielol

Reaction score

The Collared Moto Redux will be part of the VTG series right?

One can only hope, man.
I've discovered my inner Fonz this week, and a veg tanned CM would be an awesome way to reflect that discovery. :slayer:

Last edited:

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh really? How do you do this? Mine just stays up, but willing to try your method for better results.
Sent from my HTC Sensation

Exactly how you mold the collar. Soak the collar/jacket and then keep the collar popped during drying. You can shape it how you will during the process too.

Jared7

Reaction score

measure your damn arms so they can make the fuckin uncontrol rider and parade it down the streets of some ******* korean dust bowl village as plebe peasants gather in hordes crying and holding babies as sacrificial offerings and bowing and kissing the earth as drew rolls by smoking reds on a dragon shaped parade-float with the jacket perched in the air on a stick on the way to the post office

Please tell me it went down like this

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Was a bit more laid back than that, but we stood there at the post office and admired it for awhile. There is tons of snake on it, you can't even see from the outside how much snake is in it actually.

There is a collared Moto (I don't know if I will call it a Moto or what, but it's collared and fairly similar to the old CM) in the veg tan coming too. Dan is sending the samples to me in Japan and I plan to mess around with them, see what they do. The veg tan leather is pretty expensive as you can imagine - a little leatherworker-made wallet is well over $100, and the material content in a wallet is nothing. As a leather jacket - pretty high.
There will also be a banded collar Moto jacket. Design details are not set in stone yet, still deciding on zippers and hardware, but those aren't changes that I think people will have a hard time imagining, if they are different from the sample.

Nice thing about leather, vs denim - as you wear it hard and try to get it to age, all you gotta do is wipe it down or air it out, and it doesn't get too funky like denim does. If you keep oiling the veg tan, it'll be waterproof as hell too.

gats

Reaction score
Has anyone got any good before and after pics of veg leather jackets?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
this probably started out as veg tan, 80 years ago (whoever had it probably quit wearing it soon after though, by the looks of it) - I've seen a few jackets like this before. They all get am amberish glow and dark mottling where your hands make contact with it most.
The TOJ is stiff, so if you got in the habit of crossing your arms and resting palms on the arm accordians you'd end up with insane sleeves
09019032%20Leather%20Jacket%20Men's%201930's,%20brown%20heavyweight,%20Norfolk%20style%20back,%20C44.JPG

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I came in here because I had a dream where you got your jacket and it turned out it didn't fit as it was too big so you were all sorts of sad. Had to make sure it was just a dream!
Also that jacket's leather is nice. That is what I wanted last year in 2010 dr form to be honest. If people are still a bit confused as to how it will age... my Flathead bracelet that I wear every day was just as light as that jacket. Yes, the same bracelet that looks nearly black from how dark brown it is.

pics? so that white veg tan wont stay white unless it is object dyed white? is drew offering object dying services for his leathers only?

^ I I too have been wearing the same pair of jeans almost every day since March and I can't agree with you more lol
not this thread related but decided to get the Glow in the Dark jeans. That counts as grey jeans right?

those are so awesome. the guys carry a blk light to show customers how the denim glows. was fun.
its just a coating, according to the SA so id assume it would count as a grey denim.

neighbor

Reaction score
Would the veg tan look good with brown boots? Sounds so great.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Yes. Should pair easily with brown boots. The type of boots would probably depend on the jacket model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads