TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Gonna steer this thread away from collars for a moment... For those of you with bombers, what shoes/boots are you wearing with them, or what do you guys suggest? I just bought a black one from another member, and I'm trying to find some shoes to wear with it. I'm probably going to just wear white v necks or muted oxfords with slim black jeans. I like the Buttero B1101, but don't know where to even find those at regular price(rakuten is what comes up with google). I saw some NDC zip boots on ebay I really like, but the pointy toe makes it look more suited for a DR than a bomber... This is what I get for wearing nothing but jeans and all stars for most of the past year :(

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Cowboy boots like Tom Cruise from Top Gun.

(5)

Diemme Roccia Vet boots in black would look cool though, McNairy black suede longwings or Red Wing 3147.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

3. bakatora

bakatora Senior member

fuck woodyear has a new account? i've been away for awhile, but he's one of the three people I had on ignore. lol.

4. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

yo...

5. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

Just because i dont like how one portion of one of the jackets you make looks, and Im vocal about it doesn't mean ive "figured out the mechanics of leather jackets".

No need to get condescending about my college education either, although ur right ive never used either of my degrees for anything job related whatsoever.

As it happens I make music, not clothing and if a loyal fan of mine told me they dont like a portion of a song, id probably ask them why, rather than getting butthurt or pontificating about my musical talent.

With that, im done talking about this forever and everyone else should be too.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

christ man. go stand under a ton of cargo for a 12,000 mile plane ride. then you might understand how the collar on a CM feels.

7. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Btw, to get the collar on the DR to stay popped you have to shape it with some water. So yes, Drew's advice is very much warranted.

8. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Oh really? How do you do this? Mine just stays up, but willing to try your method for better results.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

lol @ people who really think this. clueless.

you're an asshole

shit, sounds amazing. hope i don't find myself pining for Uncontrol Jacket 2.0 when i see these.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

are you in a mansion? dont go for Yahoo bb or whatever they shill in the electronics stores, they are notoriously shitty in the city. If you're in a modern building, you should have NTT fiber running to your building (called Hikari Flets or something, depending your location), sign up for that with OCN as a provider. Internet is a bit strange in Japan in that you will pay NTT about 3000 yen for the line, and then another 1000 yen on top of that to a provider for bandwidth. It all comes on one bill, though.

Faster and cheaper than Yahoo BB. My internet bill is 4,000 yen a month, no caps and I get about 20 Mbps download speeds

I have to head to Tokyo for work three or four times in the next two months, lemme know if you need any help getting settled, go for a drink or something. No mexican food here in Sendai, either..

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Thanks man, I will go for NTT. When you come down to Tokyo, hit me up. I'll be here or in Seoul sometimes for the weekend. We can go do delicious things :devil: There's a fake Chipotle a couple blocks from my house in Juban, might work for you. I am gonna try to make some pho here pretty soon so I can maybe time that so you can try some. :embar:

We're all here in Tokyo now, dog passed through quarantine with flying colors; already pissed on my new bed, feels like home.

I have a pocket wifi now so I'm online. I will get back to emails tomorrow once I've slept for the first time in a week.

Woodyear, you are wrong on the internet. again.

12. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

New ToJ drops are more exciting than runway shows. Can't wait. Dunno how it can get any better, though. My DR gets more comments than any other article of clothing I own, a title previously held by my chesterfield. Feels and looks better every time I wear it.

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

All of a sudden I'm ecstatic I never sent money for the moto jacket :embar:

14. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

just uh get the moto jacket and one of the new leathers too. Cover all the bases :nodding:

15. stick

stick Senior member

:facepalm:

If everyone simultaneously puts him on ignore, and no one quotes or responds to his posts, it'll be as if he never existed.

Everybody ready?