TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Rock on :slayer:

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

Damnnnnnn

When are you planning on releasing the new DR style to public?

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

When it's finished (that means in a couple days maybe) - but I don't think you'll be into it, based on what I think you like and what I see you selling in your sig. It's for a very different type (albeit a very popular one) of style. Some people though, I had in mind for it, and I think they'll be jizzing themselves, it's more unique than my regular leather jackets.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

You can get worldwide flying unlimited for a year for what, 12K. Get that and some spending money and you're golden.

5. Fridgerator

Fridgerator Active Member

:fu: Makes me second guess my choice on the QDR, somehow this always happens. Quick question, how long do I have to make measurement adjustments before it's too late?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011

6. kook

kook Well-Known Member

Debating on either getting a suede baseball jacket or... this.. Opinions?

7. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Here's something my girlfriend took while I was staring at the tv screen. It's been about half a year since I've received my DR. Gave it a wash recently and am very pleased with the results. Please excuse the glasses and red eye. I handed in an academic paper for review approximately four hours before.

[​IMG]

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

lol, name names! i find it interesting that you have a specific person in mind when designing these things :eek:

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i love me some alpaca but get the toj (i think its discontinued tho)
    the mr porter thing looks flimsy/might pill heavily if used as outerwear. leave alpaca for thick baller cardigans :slayer:

10. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

yesssssssssssssssss

11. impolyt_one

you and I might be the only people in this thread (and if amongst the forum, add tagutcow) who could take advantage of that many days off to gallavant around the world. :eek:

12. impolyt_one

Seems like that All-Asia pass is for fall this year. I think in the past it's been for the summer. It's really quite the deal if you have the time, $1800ish for HK plus 4 other cities in 3 weeks, plus purchasable extensions.
    I just paid $1200 for coach round-trip from Seoul to LA this year. Added more to get a biz upgrade. That makes the All-Asia pass seem really cheap if you're like Dmash and set on HK, but want to see Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai, and Bangkok. You get a bit of everything and 3 weeks is enough for those 5 cities if you sacrifice time in Tokyo for the rest, and just do a few days of Japan. The way the yen is (103 yen to a Euro right now) - staying in Japan just a few days is probably the smartest thing.

13. impolyt_one

Sent and sent today. It's pretty interesting how the Uncontrol Rider came to be, it really does look just like your photoshop (minus the differences I told you about before)... the fur is pretty big, there's not many choices in terms of exactly how fluffy you want it, it's either low or pretty big. In any case, they sell spritz-on liquid fur conditioner that kinda mattes the fur tufts and makes it look a little chunkier and flat, you may like that if the fur seems a bit bouffant to you out of the package. You gotta train fur to go certain ways as the grain of an animals hair isn't the same as the direction of a clothing pattern at times, nature prevails.

14. impolyt_one

Right now I'm watching paint dry..... (it's exciting, lol) - spackled a few holes that my dog made in the wall 2 years ago - I move out of this apartment in 8 hours, so it was time to roll some paint over that and cover it up before the landlord charges me... fuk

So in a few minutes I'll go back and do a cover coat on the wall, hit the sack, and then I think I will try to clear emails again tmorrow. Been very busy this week, apologies dudes. I will have pocket wi-fi in Japan on Thursday on too, so I can do emails from anywhere, no interruption. I'm just busy as of a couple days ago til Thursday afternoon, so excuse my slow email responses. Limited quantity stuff will be first come first served in the order I got your emails, i.e. the last of the whisky leather, the red leather, etc.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Middle-class people would benefit from taking yrs off, buying less large tvs, minivans and campers for their retirement and take some 3-6 or 12 month traveling trips. Of course if you have kids you have to ditch them somewhere first but I think there's been a recent case where it worked out allright for the mother.