TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

styleforum is less than 1% of the population anywhere; who cares about copying anyone; plus my red dr is too short

My red one is lamb and I originally wanted calf but to be honest lamb suits my purpose better since I have a slim fit with a high range of motion so I can shuffle or do some simple breakdancing without being hindered much. I thought the lamb I have (mine is more thin than the black) would cause problems but I am HARD on my leather jackets, especially night time ones and it still looks new so no problems.

About where to party; I'd suggest Shanghai to be honest. It has the best clubs and prettiest girls. Tokyo is too expensive and I hate to say this but the girls are not as pretty as Shanghai or Korea. That's elitist speaking though. The other reason is that the expat population is not as good in Tokyo from my experience. Seoul can be great. Drew said you will have to spend big bucks. This is not true IF you were here in Korea for a bit. I pay nothing every night I go out (should be like 1-300 each time) because I know the right people. Shanghai just plain has cheaper prices and better night life.

Not saying you'd be disappointed in Seoul at the least. I love Seoul.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Can't waiiit. I hope the fur isn't TOO huge though, but you saw my examples so I trust you :3

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

*Also, we're going to go in July. Just found out apparently there's this Lan Kwai Fong 'Beerfest' that goes on during that time. That looks interesting as well.

**Well after some talking with the friends, it seems he's really pushing for Bangkok as well. So it looks like it's going to be a Bangkok/HK trip in the end.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

4. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

^Wow, I completely overlooked that as I was caught up with the Asia trip talk.

Damn, that sweetens the deal even more.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

whiskey bomber is so nice.

7. GBear

GBear Senior member

Now there's some more reassurance! I've got the same skin tone and hair color as you and ordered myself a medium whisky 4 zip moto. Hopefully it'll look half as sick as yours.

8. jslade

jslade Senior member

Nice whiskey bomber, wj4. Looks great on you, man.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, fellas. The jacket is extremely soft, it's ridiculous. It's softer than any other ToJ leathers I own.

I ordered the jacket when there was only one whiskey. I think Drew opened Pandora's box by offering so many shades now. I can see some dude emailing him something like "Hi Drew, it's been about 2 weeks since I put the order in for light whiskey. I went on a vacation for a week and got a tan, want to know if I can switch the order to dark whiskey?" :happy:

10. werdswerf

werdswerf Well-Known Member

Would TOJ ever consider doing a take on the classic 60/40 parka? Arctic peeps got some love with the fishtail parka last year, but over here in Seattle a good rainy weather jacket would be pretty killer.

11. Timmbo

Timmbo Senior member

camel varsity with camo #1 = copped.

12. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I have been wanting a jacket that is waterproof for a while, but it sounds like Drew is just sticking with wool outerwear for now. Hopefully in the future :stirpot:

13. dmash

dmash Senior member

To possibly alleviate some questions to Drew.......anybody with a 42" chest and broader shoulders picked up a double rider/moto before? Seems 50 would be best in the chest, but too small in the shoulders, and a 52 better in shoulders but baggy in chest. Appreciate any feedback.

I had a moto in size 50 back some time ago, I can't recall how big I was in comparison to now though :ember:

Also Aeglus, if I get this red DR, we're going to have to meet up when I'm overseas to have a beer/take a picture. :slayer:

14. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

I think leathers are MTM if you wanna go that route so you won't have any problems adding and or subtracting lengths/widths at needed areas.

15. dmash

dmash Senior member

Ah, I was reading the TOJ1 description where it said only body and sleeve customizations were possible. Can anybody else verify this on the leathers being MTM? Damn, I'm not up to date on TOJ. I thought Drew stopped doing MTM and he just fit you into the best size based on measurements.