TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^yep
    [​IMG]

Looks like how it fits on the guy buying mine (or Eason if he wasn't so slow to buy! and fat)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

^Everytime you post that pic you piss me off..............then after about 10 seconds it dissipates and I become envious. :fonz:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

3. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Active Member

Aww. Oh well :(

4. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^legally changing your name doesn't cost much money man

I like mine because it's the original sample moto, so might be the first leather drew ever made? I guess that's another thing to add for people afraid of lamb breaking down quicker than calf... this jacket is older than every other jacket and I take it to clubs, punk shows, fell down in it a bunch, have had all sorts of drinks spilled on it and it still looks perfect.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011

5. Grug

Grug Senior member

I'm not sure it's such a problem really, assuming it's worn with other suitable stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

But Native Americans look badass with black hair + deer leather coat or whatever its called :embar:

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

aeglus, I like the Moto zipped up like you had it in your spoiler pic recently. It is indeed the first ever TOJ leather.

8. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

I will give Ryan Reynolds a pass since his character in the movie is the only reason Blade Trinity was watchable (Blade 2 was decent though), but I digress. The other two pictures that you showed though was subpar at best, which aren't exactly shinning examples to support your point. No hate man, just my 2 cents.

9. malakas

malakas Senior member

imo, ryan reynolds looks ridiculous in that color, second pic ok, and the last one horrible

and remember these guys are good looking, which tends to make everything look good

10. Grug

Grug Senior member

Agreed, they're not great photos (they're just the only examples of men with roughly my hair-colour/skin-tone, that I could find on google wearing tan/whiskey coloured leather jackets ), I posted them more as a reference for jacket colour and skin-tone, which I don't think really shows up as an issue in these photos (though the black tops underneath, certainly work better than the white one).

11. malakas

malakas Senior member

12. impolyt_one

malakas is right, you need to have a certain complexion and hair color to make the whisky leathers work. Most of them don't work for me, I've realized, because I have pasty grey-yellow skin, veering on blue (say hi to drinking and smoking) so a whisky colored leather isn't my best suit. I recommended aeglus to get a dark whisky, because of his hair color/skin tone. It will really be a centerpiece type jacket though - where the red one is just shocking looking, the dark whisky will be really luxuriant and deep looking.

I think we're running low or are finished with the medium whisky, gotta check the totals on those but we're cutting it close. Probably only light and dark from now on, and those are limited too, just a few of each.

13. impolyt_one

FWIW you can wear the whisky leathers with raw dark denim, with black overdye, with white, with pastel colored jeans, a lot of stuff. Just don't overdo them by going hard on the shoes and whatnot, simple is always best. Somebody with dirty blonde hair would look good in a light whisky 4-zip Moto, white V-neck tee, white jeans, white chucks.

14. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Just conditioned my 2010 DR with some of my motorcycle jacket lotion. It's back to being suuper soft. I'm running low though. Drew, what do you recommend or use yourself?

[​IMG]

15. impolyt_one

I can't get Pecard's here, I would use that if I could get it. Lexol is probably good enough too. I use Carat, it's a German brand, all I can get here. It's pretty nice, but expensive too, like $12 for a tiny pomade-sized tub. A tub maybe gives one or two conditionings.

When I don't have Carat I just use whatever mildly scented body lotion is around, I have some huge bottle of Kiehl's creme de corps laying around and that's gone on some jackets too, worked ok. Kinda seals the grain up for awhile. If you wash a jacket too hard or too much (hi malakas) you're stripping that moisture out of the lamb, and it won't ever be as hydrated as it was before. It's dead animal skin, so it can't replenish itself. You can feed it from the top but that will never really be the same as natural oil replenishment.