1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

peacoat shipping this week according to charly, if i deciphered your message correctly

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

For those dudes who own both Bombers+ DR2010 or MDR or CM. Did you use the same measurements?

3. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

DR's and CM's are somewhat similar but bombers different from them.

4. GBear

GBear Senior member

Chatting with my friend just now about leathers and it made me wonder...what do I need next? I already have a medium whisky calf 2011 moto and a dark brown calf mdr. I haven't really experienced what TOJ lamb is like or what black leather would look on me (I know...).

5. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

We're like opposites.

All I've seen is lamb, want to venture into calf....

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Gbear and Dbear are like opposites. Hmmm...

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Black lamb CWU-45 or QDR :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  8. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Getting itchy to get a leather.

Black cwu-45 or brown a-2 bomber? Leaning towards the a-2 as I like the shearling and seems more simple. Though it looks as if without the shearling, the cwu-45 has a nicer collar? What do you guys think.

9. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

The A-2 can make you look like you're trying a bit too hard if you've not got that Asian/Black man swag. When I see white boys wearing an A-2 I instantly think "WW2 re-enactment enthusiast". That's what makes the CWU-45 such a good alternative imo given that they haven't ever issued it in leather. But take that for what it's worth, for all we know you can make it work.

3 people like this.
  10. ekim31

ekim31 Active Member

I know it's part of the original design, but I'm just not feeling the large cargo pockets on the CWU still, which got me to decide on an A-2

11. chaos

chaos Senior member

The black lamb is insanely nice, it's a good deal softer than your whiskey calf (as intended) from what I remember. Completely different texture and drapes really well too. I second Charly, think you need to go for a bomber man (black CWU45 or brown A2). I want a CWU45, waiting on those Christmas red pockets lol [​IMG]

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

LOL

'Asian man swag'

Man were do you live ahahahaha

Wouldnt kop a bomber in brown, either a-2 in black or CWU in black, Ive got the A2, just need CWU in black lamb

Going to sell my Harrington and get a a-1 in black lamb suede

1 person likes this.
  13. Razele

Razele Senior member

How many leathers do people need?

Im going to stay with 2 leathers, 1 suede

Might kop a duffle coat next year, the fishtail + leathers is heaps enough tho, especially since im getting married im june :embar:

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

oh.

15. Razele

Razele Senior member

?? I dont understand homie

16. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Congrats man!

17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Oh as in, "the thought of that just blew my mind", sounds amazing.

Black suede is one of those things you never think of

18. Razele

Razele Senior member

Thanks

Im going to wear a navy three piece wool suit, MTM from that Melbourne outfit that PG uses.

Will wear with black / white macclesfield tie, black captoe C+J oxfords and a white hidden placket poplin shirt.

Im a pretty happy man

I have so much to sell, lol. Also I really want to buy my fiancee more Schneider, which she loves. Gotta get her a nice handknit to chill in, so she stops stealing my dries charcoal robe cardigan.

Black suede is so nice. Im going to wear it with schneider scarves and a white hanes in winter, with black raws and margiela / carpe boots (would kop like 2 more pairs when they come up on various B&S)

Yeah, Ive been thinking alot about my wardrobe lately, pretty much want to have it finished in a month or two. I dont really need anything else, have some nice jackets, some nice outerwear, alot of cardigans, a couple of bomber jackets, good boots / shoes / sneakers.

What Drew says is 100% correct, and I pretty much wear this everyday: White T / Buttonup, Raw Jeans / Overdyed Jeans, White Sneaks / Black Boots, in Winter its with an Schneider Scarf and a black lamb bomber, in spring / autumn its cardigans and handknits, in summer its as is, with a cotton cardigan handy for night time. Nothing wrong with a uniform, at least its damn comfortable.

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I have 4 leather pieces, a suede, and a peacoat. When I started, I wanted a brown bomber and black leather of some kind. Then I saw the whiskey. I bought the horsehide for the heck of it. This is what happens when you 'inquire' just for to get more info, next thing you know the Paypal is sent.

I'm done for now with the 'streetwear' side. I'm allocating the next $4,000 or so on MTM shirts and balmorals.

I doubt anyone on this board 'needs' anything to this extend.

My leather road path would probably be something like

Grey MDR then Brown A-2 then Black CWU-45 or Moto.