1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

In preparation for my VTG MDR which is sitting at 5-6 weeks, I'm gonna buy a bucket of oil. Thinking Obenauf's because that oil is fantastic for water proofing, and i really like the smell and the nice stain it brings to natural leather. Any one got any suggestions for a oil that doesn't stain as much or would be better suited for a jacket?

Getting the right oil is as important in this case as getting the measurements right.

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Dude not caring is the real caring for nat. tan leather :slayer:

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

FTFY

4. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

seems like everyone has said this, but I dont see how you think the the pre-tailored looks bad, especially when compared to your tailored one, your new jacket seriously looks like a female jacket

5. Grug

Grug Senior member

Because it's not what I'd asked for (and spent a whole lot of money for the privilege of). A loose, boxy cut may be what some people want in their jackets - it's not what I wanted from mine, that's really all there is too it.

And with my ugly mug perched on top, I highly doubt anyone could mistake the look as being feminine. ;)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

My jacket isn't "boxy" but it certainly isn't a bodice like yours.

[​IMG]

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Thats not what hes saying, hes saying that while some people might like the way it looks (not that every TOJ looks that way) its not what he ordered. Period

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Looking to finally get my first TOJ. I'm looking at the TOJ1 2011, from the measurements on a similar jacket it seems I come in at a stock 46. I'm 5'10" 145-150 lbs. Does this seem right to anyone with a similar body type? Obviously things differ is chest/etc., but just looking to see if I'm in the right size here.

9. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

@Willy or whoever is maintaining the TOJ site, you should post the explanation about hard and soft measurements... i think it might help some people out.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

5'9" 155-160 and I'm going with a shortened 50. Depends on your shoulders/chest.

11. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

When in doubt, size up on the TOJ1 (ie, from your regular TOJ size). This is coming from someone who has had 3 other TOJs, all in 44, and found the TOJ1 in 44 to be very snug

Having said that, I think the tight area for most (myself included) is the shoulder, and it's a leather raglan so it should stretch out w/ some wear

12. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

On a similar jacket p2p was 20 and shoulders 17. Guess I'll have to do some more measurements. Will probably measure myself directly and send all of them off to see what the right size is.

13. emilo

emilo Senior member

You're a stock 48 (most likely).

14. demonsblood

demonsblood Well-Known Member

This. Before receiving my TOJ1 in size 50 I had the longest (sorry Drew) talk with Drew about sizing. When I finally settled on the size 50, it was honestly just because the size 49 was not offered. Thus, I originally thought 50 was going to be too big, but BOY was I wrong. If I had the chance now I would size up to a 52 for sure, it won't be much bigger but it will allow me to layer something more than a those super thin hoodies underneath (maybe something like a thicker hoody haha).

SIZE UP:slayer:

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

JASON BOURNE/BEAR JEW ordered a royal blue QDR. :slayer:
    Lol. I might be willing to do this for commission(aka beer/food munniez). :embar: I even have the measuring guide and size charts on my phone and memorized the measuring guide by heart. :eek:
    I don't know. Some people still can't even follow the simple measuring guide on the website and this might confuse them even more.

16. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

what`s the ideal length on the DR`s? I.e. do you guys like your belt to show or do you want the jacket completely covering up to the bottom of the belt?

17. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Drew, how do you do your removable fur collars? With snaps? Thinking about doing a DIY fur collar for my DR. Cool thing about living in GA is that you know some weird people and I can get some really nice, legit fox or beaver pelts :slayer:

18. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

^Little loops that attach to buttons on the inside of the collar that you can't see and snaps underneath the collar ends.

19. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

:fu: that's what i wanted to be doing this weekend but not happening

hopefully i can go in a couple of weeks

20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Dope. Sounds easy. So snaps are located here? [​IMG]

Now to decide what fur to get.