• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

jaac

Reaction score
just got my ma-1. best piece of clothing i've ever worn. (0).

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

personally, i would discontinue the moto, definitely keep the collared moto, as i think thats a great looking jacket.

Moto will never be discontinued. The CM may make a reappearance someday, I dunno. BCDR, likely not. Never been able to get the part about it not being a fencing jacket across to people. artishard116 (?) is the only person I've seen who has really worn the BCDR not boxfresh and worn it properly. I think gdl203 wore his properly but it was fresh out of the box so it was a bit shapely.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Moto will never be discontinued. The CM may make a reappearance someday, I dunno. BCDR, likely not. Never been able to get the part about it not being a fencing jacket across to people. artishard116 (?) is the only person I've seen who has really worn the BCDR not boxfresh and worn it properly. I think gdl203 wore his properly but it was fresh out of the box so it was a bit shapely.

Yeah mine's gotten some solid wear and is creasing up nicely. Also, the 'flaps' have molded and stay down on their own now, even when it's unzipped all the way.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

the problem with the BCDR is that you look like a leather superhero if you do that. I look like the dude who is a few ticks away from 2025 samurai'ing you to death in that thing when I put it on.

I still fail to see what's wrong with this. (0)
I am thinking about discontinuing the BCDR

Glad I got mine while I could.
and the Collared Moto

:(

Also, be prepared for a flurry of last-minute orders following clark kent's last fit.

Last edited:

Mirrorball

Reaction score
Moto (with the original band collar) is awesome. Glad to hear it'll never be discontinued. :slayer:

echau

Reaction score

2lcs3rs.jpg

There we go. Don't mind my pajamas...

Thanks again Drew, came out perfect.

Guys, really learn to measure yourself properly and you'll have a great jacket!

I just can't stand how the arm "poofs" out above the elbow.
Maybe it has something to do with the transition from a vertical ribbing to a horizontal ribbing.

Melo

Reaction score
2lcs3rs.jpg

There we go. Don't mind my pajamas...

Thanks again Drew, came out perfect.

Guys, really learn to measure yourself properly and you'll have a great jacket!

Maybe it has something to do with the transition from a vertical ribbing to a horizontal ribbing.

Agreed, it takes away from the silhouette. I would like the jacket minus the forearm ribbing.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobody can see that when you're wearing a jacket that dope
Take a look at the 3rd pic, and tell me if you notice the shoulders or the fact that that jacket is sick beyond belief

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Yeah mine's gotten some solid wear and is creasing up nicely. Also, the 'flaps' have molded and stay down on their own now, even when it's unzipped all the way.

You mean on a BCDR? It's been too hot to wear mine much, but I've left it maybe 2/3 of the way zipped with the "flaps" opening where they naturally fall (around where the internal seam hits), and it seems like it's at a point where they'll stay folded when worn open instead of straightening out (the latter of which looks funny, IMO).

Last edited:

realmisr

Reaction score
I honestly think it's because the jacket hasn't been worn in yet. I don't intend to baby the jacket, so it should be a better look after a few months of wear.

I'll post a real pic in a few months with a proper fit.

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean on a BCDR? It's been too hot to wear mine much, but I've left it maybe 2/3 of the way zipped with the "flaps" opening where they naturally fall (around where the internal seam hits), and it seems like it's at a point where they'll stay folded when worn open instead of straightening out (the latter of which looks funny, IMO).

Yep. I sprayed mine with hot water in the shower too and it knocked some of the shine out which I like.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

for the foreseeable future, yes. Some guys used to think that me, Charly, and Dan lived together and the clothes sprouted from our house as a product of our man love or something, LOL. I assure you that we are normal people and me moving is no different to me than moving house to some other part of town. You guys are forgetting that it's like 2 hours to Tokyo from Seoul. Sometimes on Friday during rush hour it takes me an hour to get from the post office back home.

2 hours by car? forgive my ignorance

Washing the leathers in liquor, women, and tears is your guys job. Not a fan of artificial distressing. :eek:

this deserves to be re-quoted

I still fail to see what's wrong with this. (0)

Glad I got mine while I could.

:(

Also, be prepared for a flurry of last-minute orders following clark kent's last fit.

i agree with all of the above. i love wearing my helmut lang asym all the way up, i also like to wear it unzipped and get that triangle effect...mmmmm cant wait for winter now :eek:

Yep. I sprayed mine with hot water in the shower too and it knocked some of the shine out which I like.

i dont remember a fit pic of the bcdr :/ i thought you had a qdr?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads