TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

its not black in that pic, it's navy

2. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

I'm planning to go with #1, think it matches better with the camel.

3. theEnd

theEnd Member

Crazy idea: how about a Tweed TOJ peacoat?

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

^ only if offered in blistered tweed.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

This would be an extremely handsome piece. I think the peacoat is probably the most underrated item out of the ToJ collection. The icing on the cake is the leather piece that on the back of the collar. I'm looking forward to wearing mine when the weather cools down.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

^ I don't know if I'd call the peacoat underrated, or underappreciated - sold more than a few of them, and they're really nice, I think it'll go with people for quite a long time. Even when people get sick of seeing crappy peacoats from other brands, I think that little flash of leather and the less traditional shape will continue to impress people. I don't get tired of seeing peacoat fits, for sure - there weren't enough. I like it with the collar half-popped, with a bit of roll in the back of the collar.

We made the cracked pepper tweed in peacoat version last year, it was indeed really nice. Put brown lambskin trim on them, and either ebony wood buttons or horn buttons. I think you'd be hard pressed to find something else like it anywhere else.

7. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

^ Show off the new design so I can buy a second one already! Need a change of colour. :embar:

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I don't think the peacoat was that big of a hit because it's probably viewed as a "MC" piece and the majority of your customers are still teens/recent grads. (Of course, I only followed ToJ since I joined the forum so I'm not sure how many people went nuts for it when it was initially released).

I was on a hunt for a beige peacoat for the last 2 years and I wanted to keep it under a $1,000. I had to jump on it before you discontinued it.

I'm just going to start my own firm so I can wear whatever I want to take advantage of the articles I've bought in the last year. :happy:

9. changy

changy Senior member

My personal favorite is the chesterfield.

10. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

If I remember correctly, there were three and a half peacoat runs the season it was released. Plenty of interest, I'll say!

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

I hope you do bring it back in the same or a similar tweed. I wanted it real badly last year, but didn't have the paper to make it happen.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I probably will. The few fabrics I like, I will keep using again and again - the reason being that I just don't really come across much better lately, so why fix what isn't broken, right? The pieces are pretty standard and classical, and so the colors chosen veer that way as well. Personally I will never get sick of that navy melton wool, it makes a damn fine looking peacoat.

13. david123

david123 Senior member

Glad to hear that navy peacoat will be back. I'm excited to hear about the rest of the winter coats too.

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

TEMPLE OF JAWNZ

Classic timeless style not fashion.

15. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

So I had an hour with nothing to do while formatting my desktop so I started reading the old ToJ thread. Very interesting to see Unc asking Drew about a DR with "87 zippers" in 09.

And looking at them peacoats, fishtails, backpacks..... :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I think Ill go buy some lotteries so I can buy all of them once are back :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011