• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How heavy is the varsity compared to the baseball jacket?

this.

i sold the Baseball to synth as it is too heavy/thick. not sure if this is thicker than the Baseball.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can we please get a bigger pic of the tiger camo? I try my best to imagine but a bigger square would help.

Yes please. Settled on murdered out, cannot decide on camo lining. Anyone have an idea what tiger black/white camo might look like?
Perhaps something like this?

palma

Reaction score
Just to be sure, no stripes are possible on any of the ribbings? Even if they are not, I think I am ready to order my first TOJ item. Hopefully the availability of the material will allow me to place an order asap.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is correct. The striped trim just added more hassle and confusion for most, so I did away with it.

While most clothes are just an exterior fabric and a lining, the TOJ1 is surprisingly hard to put together, there's the fabric, the leather, the rib trim, the lining, the zipper with tape color that needs to match - lots of matching going on. That's why, with having all the colors and options, some stuff needs to stay simple so that we can get through it properly.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here's better photos of the camo. Admittedly the little ones on the color swatch sheet were terrible and the wrong colors, these following pics are from my iPhone in natural light, so pretty true.

black/grey/white tiger stripe (not really tiger stripe I guess...but nicer than saying 'bukkake stripe' :eek:)
254783_10100384018176450_15904009_52603322_6777939_n.jpg

Camo #2 and #1, respectively, side by side (#1 is as on the sample)
315940_10100384018241320_15904009_52603323_5029080_n.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw, there are a lot of sizing questions coming in for the TOJ1, so it's taking me awhile to get through the emails. Hold tight on those and I'll get back with you if you've sent me email lately.

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
i have a feeling people will change their mind on getting one w/ the black/grey/white tiger stripe

thought it was more like this:

Asian-Tiger-Camo-Propper-BD1.gif

for the record, i always thought swiss and russian camouflage patterns were dope:

swiss1.jpg

Flecktarn.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That first one you posted, I actually have, but there's no more room to add options at this point, it'd break the camel's back.

Wang03

Reaction score
selling my AE varsity to acqure funds for this new varsity.

Murdered out with tiger strips lining. Getting daaaat.

palma

Reaction score

that is correct. The striped trim just added more hassle and confusion for most, so I did away with it.

While most clothes are just an exterior fabric and a lining, the TOJ1 is surprisingly hard to put together, there's the fabric, the leather, the rib trim, the lining, the zipper with tape color that needs to match - lots of matching going on. That's why, with having all the colors and options, some stuff needs to stay simple so that we can get through it properly.

Ah yes, I agree completely. It is much easier for me to sit here and imagine what I would want and forget about the difficult matching game you have to play in order to produce the varsity. Would you be posting pics of non-camo lining options as well? Just wanted to see what they look like compared to...was it cupro or something you were using before? Sorry if I am being clueless.

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

you're being such a nazi. especially for a guy who is getting a completely custom jacket from TOJ....

Which was offered to me by Drew. If Drew tells you that he will make you a custom varsity then by all means go for it. But he said no customizations and it's annoying to see people say, "I know you said no customizations, but can I customize this?"

As for the price, it's significantly more than a standard ToJ leather but it's also still a hell of a deal when you think about the work and materials. Can't wait.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which was offered to me by Drew. If Drew tells you that he will make you a custom varsity then by all means go for it. But he said no customizations and it's annoying to see people say, "I know you said no customizations, but can I customize this?"

As for the price, it's significantly more than a standard ToJ leather but it's also still a hell of a deal when you think about the work and materials. Can't wait.

Lol, if you're referring to me, I didn't ask for a customization. Just that if there is a forgotten option as the reverse of the TOJ1 looks damn similar to the AE Varsity, which had options for the pockets.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads