TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

[​IMG]

2. malakas

malakas Senior member

3. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

and 100% have some form of OCD[/quote]

:embar:

4. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Hey drew, what size ToJ jacket fits you best? (bomber) Charlie said you and I are similar in size...

5. jaac

jaac Senior member

basically all the first "fit pics" are drew, just check those out.

6. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Yea I'm kinda surprised there haven't been any CWU-45 pics. That's a dope jacket.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

7. malakas

malakas Senior member

i am doing something wrong then

some advice: you have to understand that its not easy for some guys to cough up $700+, especially when some cant really afford it, then throw in the fact that they havent tried the clothing on...it can be daunting for them

i can also somehow imagine all the questions, some inane, that you have to answer, but this is something you are going to have to manage or delegate, otherwise, like synthese said, you are going to turn into mauro, who btw seemed like a good guy, and probably fucked himself up by being a nice guy and having good intentions, but became unstuck along the way

members who have 1 post should be treated with the same decency and respect as the more established members when they ask their noob questions, after all, they are a potential customer

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

the hype that followed TOJ to today is that people who are new or still hesitating to buy their first jacket are expecting MTM--the perfect fitting jacket. the fact is that 'they' have to realize that a lot of this is happening through the internet. TOJ can only guide the buyer experience so much before things potentially become absurd to answer, honestly. since the new sizing/measuring guide, things should run a lot smoother. i think the only error here maybe that TOJ too heavily guided the buyer experience at the very beginning and now a lot of individuals have or are (expectations) too heavily reliant on TOJ. seriously i feel like some people are just not using their brain. ...

a lot of the photos in TOJ gallery illustrate great fitting jackets by individuals, so the expectation seems to be that one can just email toj [constantly] and have similar results. but the bottom line is that said individuals in TOJ gallery also have prior experience with well fitting clothing/understand the process of (1) measuring yourself and/or similar well fitting article of clothing, (2) have probably actually handled the product

if individuals are complaining/criticizing, one should ask first if they have handled an actual jacket before.

regarding the collar issue, yes you're paying $700 for a jacket, but think about this: when you dine out at an expensive restaurant, do you expect to be spoon fed too? come ooonn :foo:

9. malakas

malakas Senior member

first of all, i would lose the ''cmooon'', ok

the guy asked a legit question ffs, he is obviously interested in buying a jacket and instead of getting flamed, maybe some of the senior members can politely answer his queries if mr toj is busy

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

the dude with the collar question is not really asking what can be done about the collar itself, to me he seems to be undermining the integrity of the jackets, which if he was seriously interested in and took the time to read through thread, would have found the answer.

i honestly do no think he is interested. first thing he mentioned was $700, which gives me the feeling like it is a lot for him to afford. he is just playing with the idea...if he is serious though, like others who are or maybe, sure i or anyone else who can be of some help will chime in.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Man, I realize ALL of this and think the same way - I think of TOJ as a restaurant for this exact reason. Someone's post count has nothing to do with the quality of the work I need to deliver, and i have never belittled anyone for posting in here based on their post count. What I make are dishes - you can order one or five, but to me each plate must go out of the kitchen properly and that is that.
    What I am talking about, is when people start to ask questions that have no bearing on the product, either by impossibility, ridiculousness, or just poking at things that don't need to be poked at. At times the customers want to get close to the kitchen and interfere with the plates so much that the final outcome is affected negatively. Really unnecessary, all of it. There are deeper reasons for that but I'm on my iPhone here and I'll let the people with deductive skills figure that out first.

The collar has a standing band for a reason. I wouldn't put it there if there werent. You don't need to question it. There are a lot more important things out there to question.

12. malakas

malakas Senior member

maybe he was, maybe he wasnt....maybe he was really undecided between toj and some other brand, maybe he wanted to feel like part of the toj community and buy a toj jacket

well, if i was him, i would have to ask myself, why the fuck should i spend $700+ when i get treated like shit for asking a question

13. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

this is how I sort of felt when I posted saying that I'd wait and hope for a different colour combo for the varsity, only to receive rather an unpleasant number of responses from some of the members here including the OP himself. Not butthurt or anything, I'm still genuinely interested in TOJ, and I really like your jackets just from looking at the fit pics from other members, but I'm one of those potential customers who've never spent more than around $200-300 on a fall/winter jacket, so you should have the decency to try and deal with noobs like us in a polite way rather than rudely, which would only ensue other members to label us as having "some sort of personality disorder, and 100% have some form of OCD". Just my $0.02

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

14. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

15. Hkstyles

Hkstyles Senior member

Posts like these is like that dog shit that you see in a park, that does nothing but smell up the place. Utterly useless.