TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Summary of what has happened in the past few pages:

Imagine I am McDonald's, there is one register open, the menu is small and, and you are allowed to adjust just the measurements on leathers the way you want to. That is how it has been and how it will be for at least awhile more.

In the lobby in front of the register, there are like 30 people, kicking around, talking about how to change this and that, saying things that aren't even relevant, confusing people; in front of the register making orders though, there are only like 2 people in line.

Tell me, why do I need to change my restaurant? It is fine for what it is. For a second, I was ready to give it up, and chalk it up as a failed experiment, but then I realized that is not true - the problem is this discussion thread - it's just filled with misinformation constantly, and people want to drop words - they're not even opinions or discussion, it's filled space.

2. GBear

GBear Senior member

I don't know about you guys but having an expert size you based on body measurement is a gift. I wish I went that route instead. It would be interesting how my MDR would have turned out (not that I am unsatisfied because I am, just curious).

3. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Yo Drew just letting you know I sent the e-mail with pics a little while back. Definitely don't expect an immediate response since you're not at home base. Best of luck.

4. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the measuringguide was to help people measure themselves and then they were to use common sense to translate that into their jacket measurements on their own.

If all a person needs to do is submit their measurements raw measurements to you, and then you adjust those measurements as necessary, then really youre doing the exact same thing charly used to do, dont see how it could be any easier for people, or why theyre still asking tons of questions.

Also since you only have 2 size charts now it may be helpful for you to print hem out so you can compare and contrast measurements. Thats what ive done for both my leathers since I also use an ipad I know what you mean, its a hassle.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm not doing the exact same thing Charly did, trust me man. I kind of know what goes on at TOJ, because well, I am TOJ.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had the pleasure of getting sized twice in person. Let me tell you guys what it consisted of:
    Drink some beer with Drew, talk about how the varsity caused this whole mess. I wear a jacket (that is the same as taking a picture). We size the jacket (any retard can do this). TOJ OG DR was born, fit great though now slightly snug because I'm bigger. There was no actual need to meet in person to get measured and it didn't change anything at all about the measurements.

Meeting 2:
    Say hi to the whole TOJ crew, eat some burritos. Wear a jacket (again, same as taking a pic) then measure the jacket (again, any retard can do this). TOJ Aeglus bomber was born. Fits a little snug zipped but that isn't how I ever intended to wear it. Again, there was no need to meet in person.

Last custom jacket:
    I sent Charly measurements. I told him my DR fit a little tight. He told me to make it slightly less tight (hey logic). I wanted something a bit more cropped; Charly figured it'd be ok (in the end that was a slight mistake but no one is ever going to notice and I don't zip the jacket anyway). End result: I had a nice jacket made basically by using the guides that Drew posted up here except I did it without the guides..

As far as I know, there has only been one TOTAL fuckup as far as sizing goes (that one baseball jacket that was too huge, and apparently TOJ remade it free of charge or something; whatever it was, the customer ended up being happy with the service given him). Everything else looked good, or else it was specifically wanted that way by the customer.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Someone should quote this every two days.

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

9. kaizokuou

kaizokuou Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Hey check out those perfect fitting jackets

11. p k c

p k c Active Member

Don't sell it! Baseball jacket looks best out of the three.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

12. Carpenoctem

Carpenoctem Well-Known Member

That harrington looks so fucking nice man, typically ive regarded harringtons as old man fare but in red, with that slim cut its just a really clean look. Ma1s arent my thing but thats a great fit. The baseball jacket is also a nice fit.

Automatic bawse status for purchasing 3 tojs at once like some kind of white version of momar ghadafi, what a baller.

13. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

Yeah I also ended up doing a little back and forth with sizing but that was me simply not trusting my own measurements. It would've been fine with the ones I sent originally after measuring myself a few times.

The end result fit great, the shoulders were maybe a cm too wide but I didn't even notice that before it was pointed out in this thread. And I still don't care about it.

I did the measuring before the guides. With them I would've gotten it perfect. It's not rocket science at all.

14. Razele

Razele Senior member

Really nice man, I would keep all three.

I can't wait for my two jackets, hot damn

I'm hoping they ship this weekend as me and the girl are doing a pub night and I need to swag out with black lamb a-2, white hanes beefy, black raw denim and Jil sander black calf sidezip boots, also can't forget the schneider cloud print scarf

:inlove:

15. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Red harrington's so sick.

Razele: FIT PICS! No excuse now, get the girl to bring her cam!

impolyt_one: Maybe you should add the link to the updated TOJ sizing guide to your sig, and perhaps also ask Fok if he can do something to maybe add a link to the sizing guide on the TOJ thread here.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011