1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I don't want to rule out the production of stickers forever, in the event that TOJ becomes the next Supleme :slayer:

2. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

when are the winter coats coming, its long past september

3. CanuckBassist

CanuckBassist Senior member

I blame TOJ1s holding up the coat makers.

4. buran

buran Senior member

I went with a TOJ1 because I couldn't wait any longer for the winter coats.

5. Oski

Oski Senior member

So one of my friends had a punk show last night, I went.
    With my DR on. Let me tell ya, this thing is sex inducing.
    Both girlz, gheyz and guyz kept complimenting me.
    Saying how punx I was, little did they know it was all fashunz.
    One girl was rubbing all up on my jacket, she said mah leather so softtt.
    Mind you this DR is calf, she would have orgasm'd if she felt the lamb...

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

:laugh:

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

^ lol. Honestly, after looking at the TOJ page (and I think my neck is normal length so any style would work), I cannot understand how you guys made the first choice. So many nice jackets!

Question about the lambskin, forgive me if this has been asked, but how is the durability and aging vs cowhide? Also it doesn't mention on the unofficial TOJ page, are all leather jackets tweakable in sizing?

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I have loooooooooooooooong neck and wear bc moto. It looks a little weird but who cares, I love it.

9. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Cliffnotes: Cowhide is like armor, some pitbull bit some guy wearing calf toj, and he got away with just a bruise on his arm. Jacket was okay. With lamb, its so soft that u will be slaying women who make the mistake(?) of rubbing up against you. In terms of durability, expect the calf to last longer than the lamb. That being said, Drew recommends lamb for everyone save the biggest klutzes and people that get into knife fights.

Neck size aside, guess it depends on how conservative you are. I am definitely more a bomber guy than moto. Maybe its because i already own a cafe racer style jacket, but i think bombers have so much more swag juice.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  10. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

spotted toj in l.e.s

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ Lamb is still pretty durable, very thick. I've fallen all over the place in my DR and it's fine. Sand tan shows some dirt, tho.

12. drewstersupreme

drewstersupreme Member

Hey guys I need help sizing a toj1.
    I figured you guys would know so I don't have to bother Drew.
    I have a QDR in a lengthened 44 and it fits snug.
    do you guys think Ill be ok going with a stock 46 toj1 since a 44 toj1 has a smaller p2p than a leather jacket in 44.
    Plus the toj1 fits slimmer or so I heard.
    Im 5'7", 125lbs. 36" chest.

13. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

^ drewstersupreme, You should probably get a 46 if you want it to be comfortable. A 44 might fit but might be restricting in movement since it is a slimmer fitting jacket. Ryanmnguyen was one of the first to get their TOJ1 and he said it was too small for him(particularly in the arms), and he usually gets a 44.

Am I the only one excited by the idea of a ribbed collar CWU45/P? That's pretty much the flap pocket anniversary MA-1 in leather w/gusseted shoulders. I'm ready to hold off an a lot of purchases, even outside of clothing, if Drew makes that happen.

14. drewstersupreme

drewstersupreme Member

Oh ok. Thanks for the input. 46 it is.

15. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Spotted a toj1 in camo in Toronto I think, and maybe a blacked out winter varsity as well.

16. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

Hey man I'm 6' 153 and am thinking about going with the same exact measurements. Sz. 46 with 48 length in the body and 31.5in in sleeve length.. I was debating between the 46/48 just like you but since my chest measurement is 36.5 I think I'm better off with the 46/48.. If this sounds off will someone chime in. Thanks!

17. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I didn't even know we could specify cowhide instead, I'm pretty klutzy and get into the occasional knife fight so I'll consider it :laugh:. Definitely want something that'll last a long time though.
    The bomber is awesome... the moto is awesome... and now the possibility of a ribbed collar flight jacket is also awesome.

Can the dimensions be slightly tweaked or do we just order from the standard sizes (48, 50, 52 etc.)?

18. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

Unless rules have changed, lamb onry for the bombers. I think the dude who puts them together isn't big on working with anything thicker/heavier than lamb.

Probably meant calfskin. Cowhide would have to be a special deal you strike with Mr. TOJ, and based on his recent posts, now probably wouldn't be the best time for special requests.

Leather jackets (not varsities/coats) are full MTM.

19. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I think it depends on the colors of the lamb. My whiskey lamb is significantly softer and thinner than my brown lamb.

20. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

double post