Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

[​IMG] so i am not forever alone.

DR arrived and I am [​IMG]

fox fur is DOPE.

thx ToJ. i like this jacket so much i'm going to be buying either this same style or the next design in horsehide.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ranker

ranker Senior member

fox fur is DOPE.

i like this jacket so much i'm going to be buying either this same style or the next design in horsehide.

This makes me so damn glad I sprung for the extra $100 for the fur collar

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

wait... what is this fox fur business !!!? was that a one-off ? looks fantastic (edit: answered)

^^ softy, SF withdrawal is making you do crazy things, what is wrong with you !!

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Fox is dope.
    Didn't know that the DR came with that option?!?

5. mattt

mattt Senior member

wow, i didn't know you could do that either, dope as fuckk

6. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

TOJ really needs to outline the full menu in the OP. My jacket hasn't arrived yet and I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm kind of peeved that when I was emailing the crew about my order that they didn't make me aware of all the different options available. I would have appreciated hearing that even if some people think it comes off as cheesy upselling (and what's wrong with that, anyway).

(fox fur collar is freakin awesome btw)

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

TOJ really needs to outline the full menu in the OP. My jacket hasn't arrived yet and I'm sure it'll be great, but I'm kind of peeved that when I was emailing the crew about my order that they didn't make me aware of all the different options available. I would have appreciated hearing that even if some people think it comes off as cheesy upselling (and what's wrong with that, anyway). (fox fur collar is freakin awesome btw)
    i asked drew if he could experiment with mine if i gave him 100 extra bonez, because i saw that he had tried it before in the previous official thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...38419&page=548

8. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

hah, it's just that feeling of "oh I would have gotten that if I knew I could have [​IMG]" I guess the lesson here is that it doesn't hurt to ask...

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Toj back on the consideration list. That looks good. Wish it was blistered LOL

10. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

fox fur is DOPE.

i like this jacket so much i'm going to be buying either this same style or the next design in horsehide.

can you explain your username? wtf [​IMG]

11. ranker

ranker Senior member

hah, it's just that feeling of "oh I would have gotten that if I knew I could have [​IMG]" I guess the lesson here is that it doesn't hurt to ask...

The option was clearly stated in the ToJ thread. Do your research. Additionally, most people can't have the option as its only available, as per the thread, for DR's sizes 46 and smaller. So unless your sized 46 or smaller, you wouldn't be 'missing out'.

12. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

^Thanks for clearing it up. Since I'm a few sizes up, I'll wait till my jacket gets here and see what this fur shop in my neighborhood might be able to do...

To use a restaurant analogy, I want to be able to see what I can order, not have to "do my research" through eleven hundred pages of yelp reviews to see what I can get when I sit down for dinner. Sure it was stated in the (now defunct) thread, but things like this (as well as the leather options etc) could be stated a hell of a lot clearer right now.

Sure, the additional buzz and inquiries that TOJ would get from being on top of their communications would blow up orders, but that'll only matter so much because like Drew said, their production capacity is limited and they'll be bottlenecked by their facilities and such. But even if they didn't 'need' all the additional sales, keeping all their offerings on the table (even in the form of "other materials available on request") will help to keep their current and future customers satisfied. Just a friendly suggestion from a TOJ customer.

13. halisray

halisray Senior member

ahh I want a varsity jacket.. I won't look good in the DR, I have a calf bomber.. what should I get next? I'm thinking for the next 6 months