Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

And add an official website, please.

2. GBear

GBear Senior member

Very true. This is one of the only threads I check nowadays.

Man, that cloonz guy is annoying.

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Thread, blog, web site, whatever, I think this may help. Ultimately, Drew's the designer, and we're not. He doesn't need input from people on the forum in order to make cool shit.

4. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I'm 6'4" and 175 lbs, so the full customization is a huge part of the appeal of TOJ to me. But it's definitely a premium service, I mean who else is making MTM leathers for anywhere near this price? I realize I'm fucking myself by bringing this up, but if I were you I'd charge more for full MTM. Like offer stock sizing at the current prices, but then a substantial upcharge for MTM. At least enough to compensate you for the additional time and hassle, vs making a stock size. People who really need MTM, and therefore recongize its value, likely would pay more for it.

5. LiveStock

LiveStock Senior member

6. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Huh? I thought there wasn't any full customization (at least not any more).
    .. didn't Drew say you couldn't make MTM tweaks any more? You have to choose from the measurements on the table and the only adjustable options are to length. Too lazy to dig up the post, but I'm 98% sure something to this extent was said by Drew earlier in the thread.

7. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

^^ I understand that to be the case for the baseball jackets and the anniversary jackets, but the leathers I believe are still full MTM.

8. GBear

GBear Senior member

No, that was only for the anniversary jackets. Leathers can still be changed.

9. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Ah, alright, my bad.

10. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I cosign this post. I haven't bought any TOJ yet but I follow the thread and it is constantly way to shitted up with people asking sizing questions and nitpicking every single detail of each piece. If it isn't something you like then keep it moving, why keep posting in the thread, nobody cares that you don't like the raglan sleeves, or that you might have the wrong color buttons. You haven't even heard the color offerings or anything for the new varsity, the sample isn't even made, and you are already writing it off. I agree with Razele that there should be just standard sizes offered at this point, with the only customizable option being body and sleeve length to accommodate people of different heights. If people want to get a custom mtm leather why not put an extra surcharge, the stock sizing most likely works and looks better than a majority of the stuff out there at an already discounted price.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Intermission:

Finally got around to making my friend's motorcycle jacket, we were trying to combine a slightly vintage look with a modicum of safety - he has a Royal Enfield with a sidecar and so he can't be wearing Dainese tron-type jackets, but at the same time he was too paranoid about safety to just get a non padded Perfecto or something... so I worked something up for him using what already existed, and it fits that bill. It'll never be a Moto GP kind of jacket where you can slide for miles in it and have it look the same when you get up, it's leather - but we combined old-school leather jacket style in nice leather with modern safety pads, and I think that's good for what it is and trying to be. Not sure if we'll make any more of these, because this guy is my friend going back like 10 years, and we don't have normal access to these D30 dilitant foam crash armor. I'd have to make an account with them and I don't like doing stuff like that.
    A few details:
    -Normal TOJ 2010 Moto exterior style, FQHH
    -nylon mesh lining, and mesh pocket bags - when the pockets are unzipped, there will be some amount of ventilation hopefully
    -d3o dilitant foam crash armor, which is very slimline yet provides superior protection over old style foam armor.

Anyway, the pics:
    Looks like a Moto:
    [​IMG]

Lining: (pads are in velcro pockets, so that he can take them out and still wear this jacket as a casual leather jacket in the winter)
    [​IMG]

All the pad pockets in the lining were fitted to the pads, to keep them from squirming around:
    [​IMG]

2X shoulder guards, 2X elbow/forearm guards, 1x back guard
    [​IMG]

the d3o dilitant guards are very slim, they hardly show through the jacket like normal crash armor does:
    [​IMG]

So there you have it. Something new.

12. stick

stick Senior member

FUCK that is bad ass. I need me one.

13. GBear

GBear Senior member

That is so cool Drew. Nice job!

14. snake

snake Senior member

Incredible. Probably my favorite work of yours yet.

15. SPK

SPK Senior member

Absolutely amazing. Your friend must be super happy