TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Also interested about F/W swag, now that I've moved to a colder part of Canada, might be eyeing the fishtail or duffle

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Is it even possible to "ruin" this?

3. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

youre confused between the collared moto and the minimalist moto. for some reassurance, it is quite easy to mold the collar on the collared moto. you soak the collar area, then mold it to your liking. simple as that.

not at all.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  4. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thanks for clearing that up, guys. Yeah, I meant the collared moto. That jacket is beyond cool. Just worried about the collar permanently looking deformed if I'm too inept to figure it out.

Clark Kent, would you be able to mold the collar in a college community bathroom? Think dirty sink and public shower. :eek:

5. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

is it water? then yes. jesus christ

6. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

yea definitely man. you don't have to wet the whole jacket. you could easily fill up a glass with some water and just pour it over the collar.

i have the collared moto in dark grey and i had no issues with the molding. i chose to soak the whole jacket, hung it up on a sturdy wooden hanger, then molded the collar till it looked more natural, then i just let it hang dry.

7. jslade

jslade Senior member

Thanks for the info, man, I appreciate it. You should post some more WAYWTs with ToJ cameos when you get the chance. :slayer:

8. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

It pains me to say so but I have to sell my Bomber, those interested can see details, it's the exact sample for the updated A-2. I don't want to sell this but have run into financial obligations :\

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Doing some work today, still working on making a varsity sample. It will blow your minds, but based on the discussion before, I can't help but feel that the varsity jacket and what came along with it will also ultimately be the beginning and end of TOJ... I mean we got dudes in here making bad food metaphors now, I thought that was my job....

10. Razele

Razele Senior member

Damn man

Is it even worth making one if it makes you feel like this lol??

it does sorta turn ToJ thread into Supreme thread part 2 though

11. GBear

GBear Senior member

This post is making me sad.

12. impolyt_one

That's a good question... it really boils down to a flaw in the system, which I've tried to kind of reduce to some extent, but it's always been there because I've allowed to be there for a reason - the original idea of customizations.
    Unfortunately, It opens the door for anyone to drop their two yuan into the discussion, and in terms of thread posts, about 80% of those people don't even buy any TOJ stuff, they just piss on my fire so to speak. It's just a discussion and it becomes one amongst people who don't really love clothes, they just like the idea of getting a chance to fuck with something (without really knowing what they're doing, right?) and so that will continue on as long as there is the chance to do so... I could close the gap, but it'd penalize a lot of people who do understand what I am doing and trying to make, and the options are there for people to use to their advantage in order to make nice clothes that fit them under a reasonable framework. That is what I am and have been trying to do, and to those people, I think they like it as much as me. There are a lot of guys on this forum who are either 5'4 or 6'4, or not even that, but addressing the fact that a ton of clothes on the market just don't fit anyone very well, and that many people always have a hard time finding clothes to fit them really nicely - and I've worked out a system just so that they can have that.... but fuck... if you had to listen to people talk the way the last 10-15 pages have been, you'd probably want to quit as well, I think I am not off base here...

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Don't let it get to you so much man. In the end there are people who love what you're doing and will continue to support you regardless of backseat designers or zipper-bitchers. That said, this is a sponsored thread and I'm sure you'd be allowed the ability to reel in that kind of discussion if you want to. But really, please don't get discouraged, this sort of thing will happen no matter what kind of work you are doing. Just know that you're doing amazing things and people here really appreciate it.

14. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Drew, I know I post a lot in this thread and have yet to buy any toj, but I honest plan to when I get money right. I really hope nothing I've ever said has been offensive. You make some beautiful garments and I appreciate what you do for oddly shaped guys like me.

15. impolyt_one

Well, I still want to make clothes, and I will continue to do so (what kind of clothes, I am not sure) - but I am just sitting here thinking of the discussion threads, and i think that TOJ and everything that surrounds it may be almost too intense for it's own good - there really is nothing else like it, and I realize that, but here is an example of where the model fails:

Original TOJ varsity jacket, circa June/July 2009:
    -"dude, I want this skin tight jacket, but I can't have my jacket closed all the way and lift my arms to my head without my jacket riding up my belly some... your design must be flawed!"

Leather jackets, circa 2011:
    -"dude, they're not skin tight! oh my god is that a ripple and a wrinkle? This is not a perfect fit!"

Varsity jacket, still unmade, circa 2012:
    -"We don't want raglan sleeves, that's like, putting too much shit on a steak, which is so frequently done"