TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

sick of being a pussy doing back and forth, just spent the last hour getting acquainted with three jackets and a measuring tape, sent hopefully final measurements to drew

will post here for feedback from jawnz expertz

SHOULDER: 17"
    PITS ACROSS: 19"
    MID: 17.5"
    WAIST: 18"
    FRONT LENGTH: 22"
    BACK LENGTH: You can decide based on front measurement, I guess it would be about 24"

SLEEVE LENGTH: 25.2"
    WIDTH @ PIT: 6.5"
    ELBOW WIDTH: 5.5"
    CUFF WIDTH: (will let you figure this by sleeve width, length, and naked cuff 6.75" around, since I don't know the technicalities of the convertible cuff measurements)

2. stick

stick Senior member

The drop in width from bicep to elbow seems a little steep, IMO. You have the bicep width of a stock 44, and an elbow width almost half an inch tighter than the size 44.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yeah I mentioned in my e-mail to Drew that maybe this is a bad idea, but I also like slim sleeves and I've seen a lot of sleeves in this topic that are just really wide by my own standards. Thanks for the feedback.

4. stick

stick Senior member

I'm in complete agreement regarding the sleeves on most of the jackets posted in the thread, but I think you might get better results if you follow the curve from a smaller size, for example 6.5"-5.9"-5.4" from a stock 44, instead of tapering so aggressively. If the forearm is too tight, even if your bicep measurement is slimmer than normal, the tightness around the forearms might cause the leather above your elbow to bag up and billow out.

Ultimately, you can actually measure yourself, whereas I've only seen a few pictures of you, though. And IIRC, Drew's met you in real life before? So he probably has a decent idea of your actual physique and can act as a sanity check.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

No, we've never met haha

I like the idea of just following the 44 curve

I've tried measuring myself but honestly it seems easier and likely more accurate to measure pieces that fit well already

6. jslade

jslade Senior member

I mentioned this in the WAYWT thread, but AFL's jacket and fit is incredible.

[​IMG]

This is seriously next level. I need this in my life. Gotta start getting measurements ready.

7. malakas

malakas Senior member

i advise against this, as this is how i fucked my measurements

its best that he works off the back measurement

8. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

all these fit pics are making me wish fall came sooner so i can wear my DR :fu:
    o well heres to 2-3 more months of just constantly trying it on :slayer:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

9. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

looks like how mine fits in the shoulder except mine is more slim everywhere; still wonder if I tailored my black DR it'd turn out the same (meaning looking awesome)

funny part is that I don't really know a good leather tailor in Seoul so I've been putting it off forever

also adding to the good fit crew for afl

10. malakas

malakas Senior member

its such an easy job...send it back to toj

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

we don't do alterations, especially on sample sale items =\ How would I make a living? hopes and dreams?

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I already know drew won't do it and wouldn't want to back up other people's jackets. I'm just too lazy to find a decent leather tailor myself and I figure the only ones Drew knows that are good he uses himself.

That plus I'm still not sure it'd be a good idea to alter the thing or just sell.

13. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

Hey Drew, any plans for new jackets for F/W?

14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

I've seriously been considering this color in the 4 pocket moto config for a while now. I really can't tell if I wish it were more pearlescent, or if it's light enough as is (and not too-too tan). I also wonder if it would look as good beat-to-shit as I'm hoping it would. Sigh. I told myself I'd buy another one for my birthday, and I just can't say...

15. jslade

jslade Senior member

I'm going to order a second leather from ToJ as soon as I've made my decisions regarding style and measurements. It's so hard to pick between the bomber, minimalist DR, and minimalist moto.

My ideal choice would be the minimalist moto, but I'm kind of turned off by the fact that I'd have to mold the collar. Is ToJ able to mold it for me (perhaps for a surcharge), or would I be out of luck and on my own? No knock against the product at all - I'm just not sure I'm confident enough in my own ability to not ruin an otherwise perfect leather.

I feel like the bomber (and CWU45 for that matter) offer a certain legroom for messed up measurements in the sense that the ribbed cuffs help disguise overly long arm measurements. While I agree that measuring oneself for a jacket is more or less common sense, I've seen way too many fits where people have complained that the sleeves are absolutely swallowing up their hand.

And then there's color to worry about. So much choice. :eek: