TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

damn we need better pictures of that!

2. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

+1

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Yep, hard to see color with that lighting.

4. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Thanks all. It's the traditional olive with orange lining - apologies as the sun was to my back. Here are some additional photos. Jacket is a 36 (true to normal jacket size)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

Pfft, get off your soapbox would you? Nobody is being a dick in this thread. You're either trying to create drama out of nothing or you're an idiot. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's the former.

"Posting about how much you dislike it just makes you a jerk". Nobody is saying anything as dramatic as that. I simply said i'm not a huge fan of the big pockets and would prefer set in sleeves to raglan. Others have said similar. Others again have said they DO want raglan sleeves or some other detail. Nothing wrong with any of that. It's perfectly appropriate to give opinions on such things when Drew has explicitly stated that he intends to make a new varsity. Everybody here ultimately is a big TOJ fan - if a new product is coming online (even if it is a revamped version of an old product) and the design hasn't been decided on 100% by Drew then there's going to be discussion about preferences. That's all this is. Quit being a drama queen.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

No, Uncontrol's pretty much right. I want a blacked out varsity with sleeves (more or less) from the anniversary varsity, and I'm not really into raglan at all, but concernedparent was being a dick. It's not that complicated.

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Estrogen levels in SW/D high as usual.

I have my preferences, some people have different ones- some people might even voice their own.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Implying that Drew is going to "ruin" his own designs by "garnishing" them too much (read: making them in a way which is not exactly to your preferences) is pretty dickish. It's nipplezips all over again.

Mirrorball I wasn't even talking about you, I was pretty clearly addressing ConcernedParent in particular, so I'm not sure why you're being so defensive.

9. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

^he's not right. i don't see anything wrong with what concernedparent said. he simply stated his preference. one i agree with, not that that matters though. anyway, whatever...

10. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Senior member

uncontrol - the asshole comment came directly after my post - i assumed it was directed at me or at least to the bunch of people (concernedparent, obiter dictum, etc) who voiced prefernces for something different than it seemed Drew was planning. seemed a little unnecesary to be calling folks dicks and whatnot for such trivial discussion. thats all.

11. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

It would ruin it for me and probably other people. On the other hand, having a basic, plain, "boring" old jacket would probably "ruin it" for them. It's up to personal taste. He was initiating a discussion on his upcoming varsity jackets and I echoed a preference stated by someone else.

And ultimately, impolyt can make it however he wants, I'm not demanding anything, so what is your point?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

12. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Just make me a freaking varsity with Uncontrols leftover leather!!!!! :slayer:

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

^ haha, would be ridiculous/amazing. I'm not sure it would be possible to make a sleeve out of it though.

I guess I should have just let that speak for itself. :\ I don't want to derail this further.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

speaking of which, how is your jacket coming along? i lost track.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

It's coming along :eek: