TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Look really nice, SPK. I like the DR worn with a BD + knit like that, makes it feel less "biker-y" to me.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

FL, I'm hoping you wear like a light blue or light blue/white striped oxford with your new jacket. Should look really nice.

3. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

^ will post a fit like that for you sometime soon. :)

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

WV 2010 was the nicest ToJ varsity ever put out thus far and this is coming from a dude who has owned/handled most of the iterations. :eek:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

5. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Lol that.. I still don't get it from most of the less fortunate fit pics posted requesting super squeezed everything.

This is why BrianSD's grey moto looked so good from way back.

6. Wang03

Wang03 Well-Known Member

i don't know if i can agree with that. I have the 2010 WV in Navy Body with Caramel sleeves. It fits me pretty nice, but the insulation layer inside doesn't really feel comfortable. The caramel lambskin is average as well; wasn't as soft as i expected. Personally not a big fan of the raglan sleeves, but i dunno if thats because of the bulky appearance (as someone else mentioned).

I also own an AE varsity in charcoal body with charcoal lambskin sleeves. The construction is pretty amazing on this piece and the charcoal leather is amazingly soft. I feel the set-in sleeves give a more structured looking fit, as opposed to the raglan being more rounded, in a sense? (hope people can understand what i mean).

7. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Raglan sleeves can look great on varsity's, I don't get the hate.

I will say the sleeve design suits best suit those with good posture and a decent frame/musculature on them. But you should want that anyway.

Even though my current varsity has set-in sleeves from 2 runs ago, I wish I could change it to raglan at times (wasn't offered then). It probably would be bit more comfy when sitting and manipulating my arms..

8. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Regardless of what design they end up with, some people will love it and some won't.

Only way they are going to please everyone is by doing fully custom design jackets, come to your house to measure you, and then give the jackets away for free.

I don't like raglan sleeves but that is whatever.

9. malakas

malakas Senior member

basically non raglan shoulders are more forgiving, especially for ppl who have less than ideal shoulders

i also find that raglan jackets can bunch up in weird areas, especially around the trap area

10. impolyt_one

The 2010 WV was the best, I agree. Not every material was exactly the same, so you can't compare the opaque finished leathers to dyed leathers, etc. In terms of what went into the jackets, a lot more. Also, the construction from the back of the house perspective was more consistent with the 2010 WV, we ended up sending back a ton of those Anniversary models for QC.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

In Drew, I Trust.

/bickering

12. impolyt_one

Well, at the end of the day, some people will just not understand a certain TOJ piece, and that is fine. That has happened with all the pieces. I don't know why some things are so hard to understand, but people will miss out on them and then ask when they're coming back after they've been out awhile and then discontinued, lol. I get questions like 'so this is discontinued... can I buy one?' in my email all the time.
    The 2010 WV with the raglan sleeves - easily the most misunderstood piece so far, though. You guys realize the quilted sateen lining was in there for a reason right? It wasn't supposed to be skin tight, and it wasn't supposed to be like the previous pieces.

13. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

14. impolyt_one

Yeah.. The varsity isn't meant to be some huge thing that goes out of control and causes infighting and shit, that is stupid. I think by now it can finally take it's proper place in the lineup and exist peacefully with the other TOJ's...

15. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Glad, the varsity is finally coming back, really regret not ordering one when I had the chance last year. Don't really care about raglan or set-in sleeves, but really hope Drew will go back to the original pocket design and don't use the pockets that was used for the last wv.