TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. elefante

elefante Member

I have an MA-1 and a regular varsity and they are both good enough for winter with a knit.

I'm in Brisbane but I'll probably go to Melbourne in the next few years.

Can't wait for new bags and im praying to God that Drew let's me do a suede harrington again at some point [​IMG]

Ok thanks, I was more worried it would be too warm for an Aussie winter.

2. heysf

heysf Active Member

I've told a few people about the temple, they're just really cheap....[​IMG]
    ToJ is not for everyone, "it's too expensive.." [​IMG]

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I've told a few people about the temple, they're just really cheap....[​IMG]
    IMO ToJ is already 'cheap'. A decent piece of well fitting quality leather piece under a grand is hard to find.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Been thinking on a way I can cut people a deal for a long time, but discounts are still not really feasible because of the pricing scheme and the fact that my costs rise all the time; the only method for that is if people pay in cash/check/MO. (enquire with Charly for more info on that) However, I have decided that I can start a referral program fairly easily here, starting today. For each new piece (excluding shirts) that your referral buys (and they will need to mention your name for you to get your credit - we'll have a database with your virtual credit bank) - we'll give you $30 in credit for future use. Not redeemable for cash, only for use on TOJ items. There is no limit to the amount you can earn this way and free items are feasible given the proper credit, so get to referring. [​IMG] I need to start a loyalty thing as well, as there are a good number of people who've commissioned many things from us, but I'm working on that separately. [​IMG]
    Wouldn't there be a loophole in this? Example: Person A is planning on buying 6 ToJ pieces in the next year. Person A buys first item under his own entity. Person A makes up new email addresses to buy second-fifth items and refer himself when making those purchases. Person A goes back to the account he used on the first purchase and buys the last ToJ piece with the credits earned from the second to the fifth items. Or if the aforementioned example is acceptable with you, perhaps it would be a good base for the loyalty program? Something like a customer who orders a ToJ item will get a credit towards another ToJ item within a certain time interval?

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Wouldn't there be a loophole in this? Example: Person A is planning on buying 6 ToJ pieces in the next year.

Person A buys first item under his own entity. Person A makes up new email addresses to buy second-fifth items and refer himself when making those purchases. Person A goes back to the account he used on the first purchase and buys the last ToJ piece with the credits earned from the second to the fifth items.

Or if the aforementioned example is acceptable with you, perhaps you can start a customer loyalty program as well? Something like a customer who orders a ToJ item will get a credit towards another ToJ item within a certain time interval?

[​IMG] I think you only use "Person A" as a term unless there will be "Person B" or "Person C". Just nitpicking.

You're example really wouldn't work because I think they are offering the credit to the referred persons first purchase, not every purchase. So he would only get credit for the first purchase. After that, it gets complicated as he would need a different name and address to keep getting credits. I think ToJ will notice if a person keeps getting referrals from buyers that all ships to the same name and address. I know you can change shipping address for PayPal but I don't think you can change your name or e-mail address.

Also, Drew or Charly, do you guys accept PayPal payments via gift or is that too much of a risk for you guys? There are no fees one either end if the payment is sent as a gift. That could save you a few bucks and it probably doesn't have to be reported as an income either. I'm pretty sure you've considered this but I've never read anything ToJ related with this method.

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

[​IMG] I think you only use "Person A" as a term unless there will be "Person B" or "Person C". Just nitpicking.

You're example really wouldn't work because I think they are offering the credit to the referred persons first purchase, not every purchase. So he would only get credit for the first purchase. After that, it gets complicated as he would need a different name and address to keep getting credits. I think ToJ will notice if a person keeps getting referrals from buyers that all ships to the same name and address. I know you can change shipping address for PayPal but I don't think you can change your name or e-mail address.

Also, Drew or Charly, do you guys accept PayPal payments via gift or is that too much of a risk for you guys? There are no fees one either end if the payment is sent as a gift. That could save you a few bucks and it probably doesn't have to be reported as an income either. I'm pretty sure you've considered this but I've never read anything ToJ related with this method.

And it's Your, not you're. [​IMG]

Knowing your sporadic and excessive spending habit, if ToJ gets you as a customer, the team can essentially retire already. [​IMG]

ToJ gets addicting, man. I already got the next 2 purchases laid out.

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I can't receive gift payments. Pay pal cracked down on that long ago.

Also, the thirty bucks is for every time someone buys something and gives me your name, not just the first time. If you need to set up an elaborate scheme to get $30 on every $700 you yourself would have to spend to get the credit, then uhhhhhh I don't know if that benefits anyone ( unless you really were planning on buying 6 leather jackets soon)

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Can you still get referral credits even if you haven't bought anything from ToJ?

9. LionelFrankenstein

LionelFrankenstein Senior member

Blogs and Tumblr's are going to explode TOJ exposure though I suppose most of the ones I follow already do showcase the latest pieces/overall catalogue. Buy 24 get 1 free takes on a whole new meaning if it ever had one.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Can you still get referral credits even if you haven't bought anything from ToJ?

RFX trying to get a free ToJ piece by blasting this on NT. [​IMG]

This settles it, I'm putting in my 2 orders together to beat any madness this new thing might draw in.

Drew, I wouldn't be surprised if someone will attempt this, man. You have kids selling a pair of lux sneakers owned by 8 different owners for a low price so they can own pair of lux sneakers...so anything is possible.

11. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

YESSSS Shortround approves of his new TOJ jacket. He wishes to purchase more [​IMG] Thanks Charly, Drew *Kinda sad I didn't get one of those cool bags though [​IMG]

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

RFX trying to get a free ToJ piece by blasting this on NT. [​IMG]
    Why not? I got at least 4-5 people there to buy ToJ, maybe even more than once. Not to mention a few more who keeps PMing me about it. Plus with the referral credits, it might actually push me to get myself my very first ToJ piece.

13. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

IMO ToJ is already 'cheap'. A decent piece of well fitting quality leather piece under a grand is hard to find.

Leather jackets CAN be had for under 200 bucks...doesn't mean they will be any good but they can be. You can find random shit at daffys, century 21, whatever. So ye, 700 isn't cheap for everyone. I have no problem dropping 700 bucks on a leather (as long as I have money to spend).

14. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Been thinking about getting a TOJ forever. Is the A2 style bomber considered versatile, and in what color? Also, what exactly do you look at to determine the quality of a leather jacket?

15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Leather jackets CAN be had for under 200 bucks...doesn't mean they will be any good but they can be. You can find random shit at daffys, century 21, whatever. So ye, 700 isn't cheap for everyone. I have no problem dropping 700 bucks on a leather (as long as I have money to spend).

I stated quality leather. Sure, you can buy leather jackets for around $200 at those places, but how are the quality? You can wait for Macy's to have a half off sale on their leather jackets, but how are the quality? I'm comparing the ToJ stuff to the more expensive brands that members here love, ie R.O.

The only leather jacket I've owned prior to the ToJ's was a Banana Republic from years ago and it was garbage.

The reason I really like ToJ is primary the customer service to be honest. That and the fact that I'm too cheap to spend over a grand on any single article of clothing.

RFX- really? I was actually joking about that. [​IMG]