TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

A lot of it is common sense, but you gotta also remember that a lot of us (me included) have never done this before and there are some questions that arise that may have seemingly obvious answers to you that aren't obvious to somebody who has never even handled a tape measure before.

I have to say that I have seen many times on this forum somebody post a fit pic of their new TOJ to get feedback that the fit is off, and immediately to B&S it goes. That must be heartbreaking and extremely frustrating to spend so much money and wait for so long to get something that is of amazing quality and have it not fit the way they hoped it would. The prospect of that happening to me has made me hesitate ordering, as is the case with others, I suspect.

I know it seems like a lot of work to put something like that together, and everybody is crazy busy, but I'm sure it's not more work than the hundreds of sizing emails Drew has to deal with.

I am also a big fan of the local measuring person idea that was floated a while back. If there were an official sizing person in LA, I would go tomorrow.

Edit: Look at Uncontrol's situation. He has put down a lot of money to have a one-of-a-kind dream jacket made. He only has one shot at this. While I think his agony over the bicep measurements is a bit comical, I completely understand and I don't think it would be fair to tell him to "just use common sense." If Drew were in LA, I would be more than happy to put together a video with him for free (I'm a filmmaker, I have all the gear). We'd be done by happy hour.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ too bad you missed him :(

until next time...or maybe you just fly to him, help make a short film (that would be cool tbh), and get measured/buy a jacket in person. dope idea

3. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

If you opt to not have the suede patch and inner placket, what are the differences bt the fw 2010 bomber and the new a2?

Is it just the size of the pockets and the button? Anything else?

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Different pockets and the collar is bigger IIRC

5. malakas

malakas Senior member

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Drew, are you getting orders from celebs?? Please share stories

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

No, that's an old DIor Homme jacket. I liked it a long time ago, but wanted to make something that fits less tight than that, so the TOJ'd version of a leather CWU-45P jacket is something similar, but with my taste in fit.

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

TaT measuring guide - could be useful and why can't we use this?

9. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

You mean mine? [​IMG][​IMG]
    I was gonna say, he should've added some body length.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  10. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

the fit on jude law's jacket looks terrible.

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Need to get Notwithit's jacket in blue.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think I have my third job and will be a rich (for Korea)(ok not really), should I get a black lamb CWU-45 and sell my black dr 2.0

13. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Not just the size of the pockets, but the shape of them too along with a different design for how you put your hands in. Like Razele said, bigger collar also and the back design is completely different. The jacket from 2010 was more of a G1 while the newer one is(obviously) an A2.

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Gotcha, can you elaborate on the design for putting in your hands? They both seem to have the opening where you can slide it in from the side, or is that only the A2?

Also, the original sample of the FW2010 bomber has a completely different back, but some of the newer photos in that album has a newer back (similar to the A2, or even the mDR), is that an option?

15. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

They both do have an opening to slide your hands in but the one on the A2 is different. It's much more pronounced in that if you look at the outer edges of the pocket, you can tell there's an opening for your hands from the little folds and stitching in the design, whereas the G1 style from 2010 you couldn't tell if the pocket was fully stitched on or not to allow your hands to slide in there.

Comparison shots:

And yes, the 2010 jacket you had the option of having an old back design or new back design along with old front or new front, but not both, ie; new front with old back or old front with new back(correct me if i'm wrong).