TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Haha I wasn't really serious, I'm guessing the more annoying people are not the people who have thousands of posts on here, rather lurkers. Although I'm pretty annoying with my constant demands for burgundy lambskin. Oh hey look there I go again.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

:eek:

Better to be patient and do it well. Besides, it's fucking 35 degrees here.

3. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

Hi Drew, I was wondering if you plan on making a non leather material jacket which is about the length of the bomber, I guess sorta like a fishtail but shorter, one of those lazy school days grab and go type of thing,

4. mreggen

mreggen Senior member

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I miss Charly. I know he was used as a crutch, but he was a pretty frickin' great crutch. I think lamenting over newbies hesitance to lay down $700+ blind without a couple of emails of guidance on sizing is a bit lacking in empathy, though I understand where it comes from with the long inane email threads about 1/4" here and there. I'm saying this because I'm going to order a bomber, and having Charly size me previously on a baseball jacket, my email was going to be pretty much exactly what you said, "I have X jacket, fits like a glove, what should I get in Y jacket.". When the time comes, I'll hope you are still entertaining the occasional newbie-size-nagging email.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I think you're just misreading Drew, obviously people have questions about sizing etc, he's not saying "fuck off, measure yourselves and just send it to me." But I imagine he goes through some ridiculously long e-mail threads that could've been solved if the senders just took some time to think about it and send everything at once.

6. stick

stick Senior member

There's a difference between:

I have a Rag and Bone jacket in a medium that fits me pretty well, what size would you recommend?

and:

I ordered a ToJ DR with a 20" P2P and it was 0.5" too big for me in the chest. What P2P measurement should I get now?

7. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah I don't think it's an issue so much if you're basically going "okay, here is payment, here is what I want", and then write a paragraph about your measurements from which sizing can be easily gleaned. For example, if I were to order a jacket today, it would look something like "here are the measurements for my first TOJ. Here is what it looks like (fitpic). Here is where I think it could be better-fitting. Here is a list of measurements that I think will accomplish this. I leave any tweaks you think are needed given the difference in the jacket cuts to your discretion."

I doubt that sort of thing will piss anyone off. It's more shit like "I'm 5'11" and weigh 175lbs, and I work out a lot so I have some pretty sick guns bro, what size DR should I get? PS I want to substitute different zips." Hell, people post that stuff in HERE, so you can only guess at the crap that gets sent by email.

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I think what it boils down to is...

...Drew is the CEO / visionary / designer.

What he needs is an admin (peon) to maintain the correspondence (emails) w/ the customer. This will only increase sales and relieve CEO stress :fu:.

However, it doesn't seem like there is any lack of sales volume and production takes about 4 weeks minimum anyways...

...so, business as usual...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

There's the anniversary jackets, unless you're looking for something hooded. Some of us are still waiting on that whole digital camo thing he mentioned a while back. But i'd totally settle for a normal length fishtail parka in a black technical fabric to brave SF when it's wet. I'll use the money I set aside for an anniversary and keep the older MA-1 I got off ryanmnguyen and not let my arms get bigger lol. And speaking of which, has anyone received their MA-1 or Harrington?

10. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Y'know, Quai de Valmy (a brand believe Drew or someone mentioned in another thread somewhere) have got an all leather parka. About as luxe as you can get, a parka that you can't wear in wet conditions.

11. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I just sent dick pics. A lot of dick pics.

In hindsight, I'm lucky that Drew didn't have me arrested.

12. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

trying on new boots, naturally toj was involved.
    [​IMG]

13. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Jeans too loose.

14. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

update: just got back from an alaskan cruise and realized that TOJ is a double-edged sword.

-1: Gay guy tried to make out with me,

+1: I made out with an 18 year old Emma Watson look-alike instead.

15. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

emma watson look alike*

where did they hide the edit button on this new layout :fu: