TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

my traveling is almost finished, I get back to Korea on Thursday. Had my sister's wedding this weekend, was off email, just updated every email I could find. If I skipped over you for some reason, bump yourself to the top.

If you have sizing questions, try your best to figure them out on your own or in this thread. If I get a bunch of sizing questions in the inbox I usually skip over them because they take a lot of my time and I don't have much of that lately.

2. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

so LA meetup part 2 isn't happening?

3. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Tried on my DR. Been a while, wanted to get a few good pictures for reference so I can re-order a proper size. (Someone buy mine!)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Shortened 46. What do you guys think? That is about as much layering as I'd wear under the jacket. Shirt + thin sweater/cardigan.
    Zipped up I feel it looks pretty good. I do not like it unzipped. Drop down to 44, including smaller shoulders? Or do I just need the chest/body taken in?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  4. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Id buy 44 with 46 length

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Aside from the roomy chest/body, what else bothers you? The body length? Sleeve length looks good. Shoulders defo need to be narrowed a touch.

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

Wow that jacket looks pretty sick.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

That's why I mentioned the body length. It looks off. If that's a shortened 46 though, wouldn't getting a stock 44 be even worse?

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. stick

stick Senior member

Tighter errwhere.

Shoulders: 1.5"-2" less
    Chest: 0.5" less
    Midsection: 1" less
    Biceps: 0.5"-0.75" less
    Elbow: 0.5" less
    Wrist: can't tell, but less, and then you can use the zipper to create the awesome bell effect

Guesstimates.

I dunno why you like the way it looks zipped up, you looked like the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

1.5"-2" in the shoulders is a bit extreme.

12. stick

stick Senior member

I think DRs look better with a shrunken shoulder. I would say 1"-1.5" for the more typical cut.

I would put the shoulder seam about here:

[​IMG]

Either way, the shoulders are sitting pretty far down his arms.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't know, 1.5" is a lot.

14. swooc

swooc Senior member

looks pretty good imo. i don't understand why people need to go for that tightly wrapped sausage look with the DR.

if you are going to size down to a 44, make sure it's in lamb. i did it with calf and my movement has been severely hindered. i suspect lamb will still have a tiny bit of restriction though.

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It's shortened to a 44. The length might appear exaggerated because I'm sagging my low rise jeans a lot. Will have to think about whether to lengthen it or not.

1.5 inches off the chest enough? I think going from 20.5 to 19 p2p should be good with the higher armhole of the 44. I currently measure 36 at the widest (including shoulder blades) but I'm not exactly sure. I'm quite certain that's the typical way to measure chest (the widest) but I drop dramatically as you move downward away from the armpit.
    Chop an inch off the shoulders. Slim everything else down to a 44. You guys think that's enough? 44 body compared to 46 body is about 0.5 - 1 inch in midsection and waist. Chest is 1.5 difference. Current wrists are unzipped so pay no mind to how it looks. I keep forgetting to zip them up after I put the jacket on. Current jacket looks like a lost cause, even with the planned +5-10 pounds of weight gain I intended. Super bummed it didn't work out, as this is one of my first expensive purchases.

Lastly, the DR a good style for me? I don't find it hard to wear but I hope I don't put off the "I'm playing dress-up" vibe.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011