TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

What about RRL jeans for him? They have a roomy butt area but are pretty slim-straight otherwise.

I'm also all for a reversible Varsity/MA-1, especially if there is a chance to get some kind of weird material going on for one side.

2. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I hate the zipper on the reversible - ruins the varsity.

3. Grug

Grug Senior member

My issue with the original cut was simply that the width of the waist made it basically formless - it was so loose around the middle it basically looked like a block (which is pretty much the same effect I've had with every single jacket I have ever tried on that has fitted around my chest), and that's not the reason I opted for a ToJ.

The simple fact is I have an odd bodyshape, an hourglass essentially (but I'll call it an 'x-taper' for the sake of my masculinity :embar: ) so the clothes I wear aren't the cause of my hips appearing wide, my hips being ridiculously wide is. And quite frankly, I made my peace with that long ago. I wanted something fitted (which given my shape is only possible with M2M stuff) and that's why I came to you.

As for the sleeves, can I assume they've been cut to match the 14.5" bicep measurement I gave you? (and cut following the standard ToJ slim fit?) If that's the case, they should fill out just fine once I've added the extra .75" back onto my arms (which won't take more than a couple of months now that I'm training again). If however they've been cut to a looseness proportionally similar to the original waist (which was based off the 34" measurement I gave you) then they'll probably still appear too big even once my arms are back up to size. Not knowing how the jacket measurements were worked out from the measurements I sent in I'm just not sure - so if you can remember how the sleeves were cut I'd be very interested to hear it.

You think the original fit had a 'silhouette'? I keep looking at the photos but I can't see anything resembling a discernible shape, the fabric around the torso simply seems to connect to the sleeves.

Thanks for the jeans recommendations, I'll look into them.

I'll try and get a couple of shots with some different jeans I own tomorrow, I think you'll see the problem more clearly when you see how tighter jeans show off the shape of my hips/legs.

My thighs are 24" at the moment, and that's with no direct training (outside of long-distance running) for the past 2 years, I expect them to hit around 25.5" in a similar timeframe to my arms filling back out. So other than wearing really baggy jeans there isn't many ways to hide them.

I'll definitely look into the Dior jeans though.

Thanks for the tips mate, that gives me a much clearer idea of the sort of jeans I need to go looking for. 95% of the time I wear my jackets unzipped anyway so it's not going to be a huge issue.

The long and short of it is that I now have the jacket I wanted, yes I'm fighting design with my bodyshape, but that does nothing to dampen my spirits - when I first put the jacket on I was genuinely disappointed because it wasn't at all the fit I thought I'd be getting, now that it is fitted I'm really happy with it. And in the end that's all that really matters.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Grug, how about a front fit, jacket unzipped, and then cuff zips zipped up for us? I think the balance will come to light.

5. impolyt_one

I do think you could check out Dior 21cm's as well, they have enough back/front rise for most people to wear them below the widest part of the hip bones and still not have your ass or your goody bag hanging out. From there they just go straight down, have a decent inseam curve, and then you could hem them to get some natural breaks or so. Get a low-tech looking sneaker, and you're SF-approved!

6. blynch

blynch Senior member

Grug, I think if you took it in half as much, you would have your ideal body cut, but if you like it as is that is all that really matters.

On jeans good for large thighs, I recommend skull 5507 (my personal favorite) or warehouse 800. Levi 514 if you want to go dirt cheap. Hiding massive thighs in baggy jeans looks worse than slim but not tight jeans, imo.

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

actually skull 5507s would solve his problem completely as long as his natural hips aren't huge (i doubt it, esp after he exercises a bit after his injury). 5507s have a very tight top block but are pretty forgiving on the thighs down. sadly skulls apparently aren't that great these days so he'd have to get some used ones.

8. impolyt_one

Something to look at real quick (before anyone asks, I think there isn't any more of this leather, it was a one-shot deal)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Oh, my. My heart stopped. Is that my red calf?

10. impolyt_one

:devil:

11. Islander

Islander Senior member

Ha ha!
    Lucky you. Looks amazing.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You are all my bitches....until Uncontrol's Basilisk DR ships.

14. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

damn that owns

15. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

anyone got A2 bomber fit pics without the shearling collar? and how is the shearling collar attached/detached? Looks sooooooo good...