TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

That is damn sexy. Huge improvement bro.

2. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

^ You blind?

Fit looks really bad. Especially the upper arm area and midsection/waist

3. Hataraki_man

Hataraki_man Member

Grug,

Is it really zipped up in the last picture? Is this a stock size or did you alter any of the width measurements?

I think I would prefer a smaller midsecion and hem on my own jacket, however, I am afraid of it looking too feminine..... Question: Is there a point before a jacket becomes skin tight where it just looks wrong on a guy, particularly on someone with, say 31 / 41 waist / chest measurments?

4. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Would have been better off with the bomber or one of the baseball jackets. Motos and DRs are not meant for husky guys.

5. alexanduh

alexanduh Senior member

Would have been better off with the bomber or one of the baseball jackets. Motos and DRs are not meant for husky guys.

why.

6. esswhykay

esswhykay Senior member

Hm, the jeans and shoes fit worse than the jacket.

7. Grug

Grug Senior member

^ You blind? Fit looks really bad. Especially the upper arm area and midsection/waist
    Upper arms are a little too big, but I've just returned to the gym after a 2 year hiatus due to injury, so I'm expecting to add at least another inch around there over the next few months.
    Grug, Is it really zipped up in the last picture? Is this a stock size or did you alter any of the width measurements? I think I would prefer a smaller midsecion and hem on my own jacket, however, I am afraid of it looking too feminine..... Question: Is there a point before a jacket becomes skin tight where it just looks wrong on a guy, particularly on someone with, say 31 / 41 waist / chest measurments?
    It is zipped up in the last picture [​IMG] if you look closely you can also see how loosely it sits around the waist zipped up in the second last picture as well. I don't see that a fitted look should be feminine at all. I have a similar 11" difference between the width of my chest and waist - and a fitted look should simply highlight the taper from your shoulders to your waist (which is what I'd been hoping for with this jacket) and that ought to look more masculine if anything.
    I don't see why the style shouldn't work for broader guys, if anything I would have thought a more extreme V-taper in a Moto or DR would make them look even nicer.

8. 2balls

2balls Senior member

What were your measurements? I have a sz 50 dr with a 48 mid and I think 47 waist and it fits pretty much perfect 'extreme v taper' or not. I have a 42 chest 32 waist. This is in response to the dr/moto not for husky dudes comment above.

9. Grug

Grug Senior member

What were your measurements? I have a sz 50 dr with a 48 mid and I think 47 waist and it fits pretty much perfect 'extreme v taper' or not. I have a 42 chest 32 waist. This is in response to the dr/moto not for husky dudes comment above.

The measurements we settled on were:

Shoulders: 18.75"
    Chest: 23.8 across
    Midsection: 21 across
    Waist: 21.3
    Front Length: 22.5
    Sleeve Length: 25.5"
    Bicep: 8.3 across
    elbow: 7.2 across
    cuff 5.9 across

I'm 6', 180lbs, with a 45" chest, 34" waist, and normally 14.5-15" arms (currently 13.75" due to an injury, but I'm lifting again so they should fill out the sleeves better shortly).

10. mattt

mattt Senior member

Well its pretty clear why the jacket doesn't taper much then... its right there in the measurements

11. 2balls

2balls Senior member

Seems like you coulda gone a little smaller in the chest and definitely a couple inches in the mid and waist measurements. That's just my opinion. Flip it in BS and reorder?

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Grug and I went over it and the jacket was based on an existing motorcycle jacket he had and sent me measurements for, and we agreed to that set of measurements. It looks good if worn properly.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that is a good fit IMO, go back and look at the first three pics of him wearing it normally, and tell me it looks out of balance. The pictures and guidelines that Grug provided me were that he was X tall, athletic, and he liked this jacket and fit: [​IMG] and he provided me a picture of him wearing a leather biker jacket he owns that fits similarly, that is a bit short in length, which we based it on and adjusted. It fits as it was supposed to.

14. Islander

Islander Senior member

You could've answered that yourself in seconds.
    Well I'll be, it is a word.
    Well my Brown 2011 Moto arrived today, 4 weeks to the day from placing my order. [​IMG] [...] Is it possible to get the waist on these jackets taken in without too much risk/cost/expense? Because other than the waist/mid-section I think it's great.
    I think it looks OK in the arms and that crease will probably work itself out. As an honest mistake no biggie but if you intentionally added volume for teh massive biceps to come, [​IMG] The bottom opening is pretty large compared to what we usually see, but you say specified 21.3" for a 34" waist so that's not too surprising. I would be interested in whether the waist can be taken in, that seems like one of the few alterations that might be possible. Not necessary though, it's still a huge improvement and looks good overall. EDIT: pretty bang-on fit based on that picture.

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah that jacket looks great, def. no need to flip and reorder
    Only part that looks off is the huge upper arms, but apparently that was intended
    I don't like when jackets fit slimmer than someone's hips, looks curvy and weird, this cut has a good overall shape to the body