TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[​IMG] I mean if you swapped out the red for more black since the exterior is a fantastic color but as is it's just so ...jarring

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Well it's not like it's not salvageable, they could just re-paint the damned thing or re-do part of the interior.

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Please post fit pics when it arrives. [​IMG] I wanna see how the teal looks. I have a Tan harrington on queue right now, so stoked.

Will do.

4. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Please post fit pics when it arrives. [​IMG] I wanna see how the teal looks. I have a Tan harrington on queue right now, so stoked.
    Tan= old man imo...

5. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I want varsity.

Has anyone ordered the anniversary jackets yet?

i am curious to know how many anniversary jacket orders have been put through

6. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Tan= old man imo...

Maybe. I think they're gonna look fantastic regardless but I'll post up pics when I get it.

7. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Eversuns, Please post pics of the MA-1 with pocket flaps/name tag when it arrives. I'd love to see how it looks. I've got the old one in a 44 and while I prefer this over the regular new one, I think mine might just be a bit too small. It looks fine in terms of fit, but my upper arms have less mobility when I wear it. Like I can't tie my hair with it on :\\ should I post fit pics and get an opinion before it's too to order?

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

but it's just tooooo big and hard to keep up with
    [​IMG]

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Tan= old man imo...
    Tan is a great versatile color. It's all about the fitment.

10. Islander

Islander Senior member

fitment

Is that a word?

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

12. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Do you know what the tan looks like? What shade of tan...

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Do you know what the tan looks like? What shade of tan...
    And this correlates to the question of 'old man' how?

I have 2 tan colored items from ToJ, my whiskey bomber and a camel peacoat, which are both lovely pieces.

Anything can be 'old man' if it's ill fitting...bomber jackets, dress shirts, etc.

14. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Not correlates to old man.. just curiosity....thinking about tan. black. or olive.

15. Grug

Grug Senior member

Well my Brown 2011 Moto arrived today, 4 weeks to the day from placing my order. [​IMG] As a bit of background, I've been looking for a short brown leather jacket for about 7 years now. Brown leather is really not very popular down here in Melbourne, so I've never been able to find one (and particularly one that fits). I'm 6' with an athletic build and a very broad chest so pretty much anything 'fitted' ends up looking like this on me: [​IMG] (i.e. way too tight across the chest, and often with sleeve/body lengths that don't suit me) So I was really excited when some guys pointed me towards ToJ. I figured a jacket made-to-measure would allow me to get past the fit problem. Well here's the jacket: [​IMG] And here are the fit pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The leather is beautiful, as soft and lovely as a black leather Sportscraft jacket I have (which always stood out as being beautifully made, but a horrible fit for me), and the construction seems excellent - which is exactly what I'd expected from the jacket, given my reading on here. A basic summary of the fit would be that the shoulders, arms, length, chest are all perfect - I've never had all four of those measurements work out so harmoniously in a jacket before. Unfortunately the waist/mid-section is HUGE, and sits extremely loosely where the bottom of the jacket meets my pants. The end result is that the jacket doesn't really appear 'fitted' at all. [​IMG] I wish I knew why this was, because all of my other measurements seem to have worked out fine. So sadly, although most of the jacket is perfect, I am really pretty disappointed that I still haven't managed to get the fitted look I wanted. I really wanted something broad enough to fit my chest, but that would still taper into my waist - and this jacket doesn't do that (why keep fit if you can't show it off!). Is it possible to get the waist on these jackets taken in without too much risk/cost/expense? Because other than the waist/mid-section I think it's great.