TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

don't want to do that - the email is not supposed to be a hotline; it's just clothes, not a relationship.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I think I will choose designated people in various cities who can work for me by measuring people in person though, if anybody was interested in doing that, or being measured that way. LA, NYC. Might be able to send them some sample books of materials or something like that too.

3. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

^ this idea is brilliant. if this comes to fruition, please consider a boston designee.

4. jslade

jslade Senior member

The difference between all the sizes is small to begin with, literally under an inch, so 'blousy' would be highly unlikely - to be in between sizes just means you round up to the bigger of the two and the shirt will shrink anyway, like a half size or so after several washes. We're picking away at the wall of nothingness here, at the end of it all the difference is tenths of an inch, for a casual shirt.
    Thanks for the response, Drew. So would I be correct in assuming that the pattern cannot be altered at all - including length?

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Come into the restaurant and choose your menu items, and figure out how you want them done. Then I can take your order and answer a reasonable question or two about an item.
    You're lucky I don't know your email or I'd be pestering you incessantly about adding burgundy lamb to said menu rather than just posting about it in here every couple weeks.

6. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

I think I will choose designated people in various cities who can work for me by measuring people in person though, if anybody was interested in doing that, or being measured that way. LA, NYC. Might be able to send them some sample books of materials or something like that too.

Maybe you could work with Jason at Thick as Thieves for LA? [​IMG]

7. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

This sounds like an awesome idea. Customers might get better feedback on their desired fit this way. I'd be interested in getting measured like this in LA/San Diego.

8. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

Thanks for the response, Drew. So would I be correct in assuming that the pattern cannot be altered at all - including length?
    there's a $30 upcharge for shirt alterations, as i understand it.

9. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

Non-TOJ noob question. Is there a way to get just this thread into my google reader? Every time I add the front page to the reader I get updates for every new post in EVERY thread.

Thanks!

10. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

+1 LA

11. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

+1 LA

Yes.

12. Dellath

Dellath Senior member

Damn just got the sample Tan Baseball Jacket, and regardless of all the justifications my brain tried to make in keeping it, it's just one size too big... Gonna have to find a buyer for it. [​IMG]

13. Razele

Razele Senior member

Just placed an order:

A-2 in black lamb with 3/4 placket, removable shearling collar and suede name tag

Harrington in grey lamb suede

[​IMG]

Cant damn wait

14. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

TaTOJ
    Thick as Temple of Jawnz

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Just placed an order:

A-2 in black lamb with 3/4 placket, removable shearling collar and suede name tag

Harrington in grey lamb suede

[​IMG]

Cant damn wait

Dayam!

[​IMG]