TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. computurd

computurd Senior member

I can't remember but was brown considered a base colour like black still or do u need to pay extra for it?

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

3. rdgn123

rdgn123 Senior member

4. notwithit

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

dope stuff notwitit!

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

7. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

8. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

9. notwithit

^^Correct.

^I'll give that a shot at some point. It's already 80 here, so I'm probably not gonna wear it too much today.

Details:

BCDR in medium grey lamb

Drew was awesome enough to modify the button closure to be closer to the MDR (sort of a triangle) design instead of having the standard BCDR closure (which has that elongated flap thingy).

I stressed a ton about shoulder measurements, but obviously it worked out perfectly. Many thanks to Drew for being so patient with me. Fit is somewhere between slim and tight without restricting movement.

Sleeves haven't settled yet, so they look a little off around the upper arm in some pics. Once I've put some wear into it, I'm sure they'll settle and give some nice breakage/stacking. I conceivably could've made the sleeves a bit shorter, but if I had they'd ride up when I have my arms fully bent (also, I'm pretty sure the biceps would be too tight when fully flexed if the upper arm was smaller).

This is the first time I can think of that I've really, really wished for cold weather (or at least 50s instead of 80s/90s).

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

could we have pics of what you modified? im not sure i can picture it [​IMG]
    thanks bud!

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

This is the first time I can think of that I've really, really wished for cold weather (or at least 50s instead of 80s/90s).

Same. Usually 50/60s here with breeze (perfect for ToJ). But it's been 75/80 recently and it makes me go [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Agree with snowman, not just to see what you did but also to see that hardware detail.

That is generally good, you have the same minor issue that I do with the upper sleeve / bicep being a bit too big. If / when I BCDR it up I hope that can be adjusted. Other than that it's as good a fit as you could want - my tastes being what they are I'd probably add maybe half an inch or so in length but that's just me.

However, I feel like, because it doesn't have the quilting, that's sort of halfway between the MDR and BCDR, it's like a... MBCDR. I'm still waiting to see someone rock the full on badass 100% quilted version. I dunno if anyone ordered that which is weird because everyone flipped over it when released and imho it's the best thing Drew's making right now. This is me re-iterating my "you can have my money any time you stumble across good burgundy lambskin" platform.

13. notwithit

thanks bud!

Yeah, it's
    [​IMG] v. [​IMG]

See how the zipper is longer end ends in a snap-on flap in the normal BCDR but is shorter and more straight-across on mine?

edit: @ AR, I agree with the bicep issue, although I think it'll work itself out as the jacket gets worn-in. I don't think a half inch of length would be a problem, but I wouldn't want too much more - at least the way it fits me - or it might start to bunch up kind of funny (or I'd have to get more of a relaxed fit, which I don't think would look as good).

Oh, yeah, and you're taller and probably have a higher torso:leg ratio than I do, so that'd probably make a difference as well.

You should get one fully quilted-out in blue. [​IMG]

14. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

thanks bud!

Could be wrong but it looks like notwithit's jacket doesn't have the flap like the BCDR that was posted earlier.

[​IMG]