• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

2balls

Reaction score
Turd, your moto photos are making me crave a moto. The length is perfect IMO.

umhaha84

Reaction score
computurd fit is pretty nice, but 1" shorter woulda look better (maybe buy a t-shirt that's 1" longer? lol)

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet. congrats on the buy.

Originally Posted by nmlgy
tumblr_lmqnbiJYAA1qcdg4no1_500.jpg

New bomber in this color. Grail status.

computurd

Reaction score
I dunno the length of the jacket is still bothering me. I dont feel as swagged out in it as I do in my bomber. Im not sure if the actual maker made a mistake or thought he would change the measurements to what he thought would have been better and cos im a short guy I feel as though its much more noticeable. It kinda has a shortcoat/dad feel to it Just lining my bomber up with the moto, the moto is obviously a good chunk longer even though it was supposed to be shorter in the body yet the sleeves lined up is right where the moto sleeves are just shorter than my bomber sleeves.
length.jpg
length2.jpg
The back kinda bothers me too where the back is just about to touch the top of my butt pockets yet the length of my bomber is is a good distance away from it even when I tug on the ribbing as far as it can go and I wear my pants low on my hips to begin with including the flap section it measures more liek : 22inch front/ 25 inch back without flap collar it measures : 20.5-21 inch from and 23 inch back

Biggen

Reaction score
^
Are you measuring the front from the top of the zipper?

eversuns

Reaction score
Wont the leather also shrink with time? Personally I think the length looks fine as it is.

eversuns

Reaction score
Maybe I am thinking of sleeves, as you wear it in it gets creases and "combs" that generally shorten the sleeve a bit.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wally_123
jacket imo looks perfect, sleeves can be wet stretched...i have done it before and added close to one inch also all my jackets have shrunk in length due to creasing, so dont worry too much
wally what leathers do you own (name brands)? from the waywt's youve posted it seems youve got a good collection!

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computurd
I dunno the length of the jacket is still bothering me.

I dont feel as swagged out in it as I do in my bomber. Im not sure if the actual maker made a mistake or thought he would change the measurements to what he thought would have been better and cos im a short guy I feel as though its much more noticeable. It kinda has a shortcoat/dad feel to it

Looks great in the pics. Maybe you should take a full shot or something. I'd be careful about cropping too much. My red DR has come around to feeling slightly off to me since it's so cropped (I still love it though).

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there still plans for a NY meet-up? I want to get measured.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God why is fall so far, I cannot wait to receive this thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads