1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Got caught in some rain with my A1, anybody got some good tips about how to remove rain stains from suede?

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

The most recent Men's Ex is a guide on caring for clothes, I can look that up. Let the jacket dry naturally for sure, but maybe take a dry towel to it and get the excess moisture out.

3. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

I let it dry naturally. Probably should have tried to dry it with a towel, but was running late to a thing so completely forgot about it. Thinking about trying to use my suede eraser tomorrow. Would appreciate it if you can see if Men's ex say anything about it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  4. impolyt_one

p.s. I realize what I said about work and finding the road of enlightenment was just an arrogant motherfuckerism, courtesy of me. I had some rough times and I think it took me a few scrapes on the bottom, plus some life limbo to step back and re-prioritize what I could do with my time on earth. 4 years ago, exactly this time of year, I was homeless, jobless - long story. Certainly better off right now, wouldn't have imagined it back then either. My head was screwed on so tight I wasn't letting my soul breathe properly. :foo:

5. impolyt_one

Men's Ex didn't have anything on it after all. Doing some research on the internets though, it says you're best to take it to a dry cleaners and let them take care of it professionally, rather than risk it yourself. Suede is delicate.

6. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Ok, will have to find a good leather cleaner then.

7. david123

david123 Senior member

Perhaps this is a very different case, but I had some nice suede gloves that got soaked in the rain and looked like crap. I used a suede eraser and suede brush and they came out looking great, which surprised me a bit. In my case though I cleaned the whole glove, so if you are spot cleaning I'd be a tad wary as the erase-and-brush system could make it look a bit different. From experience with incompetent dry cleaners, I'd ask them what they intend to do before handing it over.

8. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

^
    Decided to try my suede eraser on a spot and it actually seemed to work fine. Will do the whole jacket tomorrow,

9. malaujai

malaujai Senior member

How does the fit of the A2 Bomber compare to the Winter Varsity? I know the WV has raglan sleeves, but how else does it compare? I made a couple of mistakes when measuring/sizing the WV for the body length (too short) and pit-to-pit (too much room) and I'm looking to order a bomber ASAP

10. false

false Senior member

Drew, any plans to do an occasional open house (maybe even to clear out samples by direct sales) or have scheduled drop-by's once you've set up in Tokyo? If I remember, your were going setting up in Akasaka which is right near my office. TOJ Lunchbreak :slayer: . Also, props for living the dream, seriously.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  11. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

When are you planning to move to Tokyo? I might be doing a 10 week exchange program in Seoul next year.

12. DZ1

DZ1 Active Member

Placed my order just in time to get the MA-1 before it was discontinued.

Jacket is perfect!

Thanks again TOJ for helping me out with the sizing.

Contemplating on what to purchase next!

[​IMG]]

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

would a belt be something TOJ ever do?

14. Meis

Meis Senior member

Why? There's already a shit ton of guys that make belts- including a few members of this forum (zissou, unlucky, etc)

15. J_H_D

J_H_D Active Member

A little advice plz. I want to get a tailor to shorten my TOJ winter varsity.

Is this advisable?

Cheers.

16. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

17. impolyt_one

18. J_H_D

J_H_D Active Member

Got it. Thanks. Also for the record I tried to search this thread to find an answer before asking--my boolean skillz are probably underdeveloped.

19. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ wasn't there talk of extra snakeskin left over from uncontrol jacket? i think toj can make a nice dress belt with it. just saying

i'll just check out OTR for one then. thanks

20. realmisr

realmisr Well-Known Member

Though not advised to do so, I have successfully shortened my first WV. It looked fine. You just can't take anymore than 1" off, because it starts to make the pockets look way too low.

Ofcourse, it helps if your tailor knows wtf he's doing.