TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Whoa whoa whoa, hode up, iz you bout to join the temperu of jawnzu staff? If so, please accept this internet high five.
    Not staff, owner (bomber). Thats all for the time being.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

OK, TOJ Sample Sale time! I need to get rid of all of this stuff, I'm hoping to get rid of it within the next two days, and so I'm reflecting that in the prices a little this time! Transactions are very much appreciated, as always. First come, first served, and once these are gone at these prices, they're gone for good, so it's a very rare opportunity to get some TOJ stuff at slashed prices. DIRECTIONS: - please email to: [email protected] and include the item number in the subject heading as such, ex. 'TOJ SAMPLE #3' in the header please. I will mark who sends email first on each item, then I will reply back with a window of a day (24 hrs upon my confirmation of your dibs) to pay, and if I don't receive payment within a day, I will move to the next person in line on a specific item. - DON'T PM ME PLEASE (I can't and don't have time to respond to any PMs regarding this sample sale) Quick pre-emptive FAQ: - I take paypal. Regular payments only (no personal payments), I cover paypal fees, the price listed is the price one needs to fill into the amount field, no more, no less please. - PLEASE DON'T PAYPAL ME UNTIL I GIVE YOU DIBS VIA EMAILED RESPONSE, because I don't have time to go back and refund payments to eager beavers, etc. Dibs go to the first person to email on a specific item, and then dibs will be handed down to the next person in line, in order. - Also, on the same token, if you email me about a sample and you don't hear back from me, assume that the piece is gone. Unfortunately, I don't have time to respond with 'no, sorry, it's gone' to everybody who emails (there will be multiple people going for the same things probably) I will try to update in further posts if a piece sells to avoid further confusion, by editing out the pieces sold. - All sales will be final, I have measured them thoroughly and I will disclose any faults or unique points in the following descriptions, and I am listing the crucial measurements that dictate the size of the piece. I unfortunately can't spend time answering sizing questions in emails for these, the measurements are here for your reference on each piece. All of these but the fishtails are not insulated inside, so the outside measurements are relatively true and all you need to do is verify that the s2s and p2p suit you, and that you can fit inside them. Note that we do not do any special magic to these, so in the worst case scenario where one may want to tailor a piece on their own volition, they are tailorable to an extent that any piece of clothing is. Thanks. Note that: - measurements for Bomber include rib trim in lengths - Motos/DRs should fit snug; the other styles can fit slouchier. All sales are final, no returns, no written guarantees implied or expressed, blah, blah, and I don't want to tailor or adjust anything here, as-is. (There are quite a number of items this time, so go to toj-gallery.com for more pics of a certain style) Measurements are approximate. ***note that many pieces are samples that were made to fit me - I am 5'8 and 127ish for your reference, and wear an XS or S in most everything, a 44 or 46 depending on the brand. I have a slightly long torso so there is some leeway as long as you're close to my size, and I'm skinny so I don't fill much out and there is room for another 10-15 lbs in these pieces usually, check the measurements to be sure**** 1. Dark Grey Collared Moto (sample, as was shown initially) - price: $450 Size s2s 16.5 p2p 18.25 mid 17.25 wait 17.5 front/back length 21/23 sleeve length 25.5 [​IMG] notes: has been washed, and conditioned with a German leather conditioner called 'Carat' - it looks nice and mildly pre-distressed. 2. Medium Grey Collared Moto (sample, as was shown initially) price: $400 s2s 16.5 p2p 18.25 mid 17.25 wait 17.5 front/back length 21/23 sleeve length 25.5 [​IMG] notes: has been washed, and conditioned with a German leather conditioner called 'Carat' - it looks nice and mildly pre-distressed. -small nick about 1/2" long on the left sleeve head, and small ballpen mark on the front at bottom. Price reflects condition. Jacket has not actually been worn, but has been washed and experimented on, and is a little tougher than lamb straight out of the package. 3. Old 2009 style Moto , black lamb price: $350 s2s 18 p2p 20 mid 18.6 wait 18 front/back length 21.5/23.5 sleeve length 25 Notes: normal, older 2009 style, unworn [​IMG] 4. DR vest, medium grey (sample as from pics) price: $300 sizing: this is very freely sized, it is meant to ride well above the shoulders and only be close in the sides and fit in length. It'd be good for someone a 44-46 in most clothes. mid - 17 waist - 16.5 front length/back length - 21.5/23.5 notes: no belt, has been washed. Worn for sample pics. [​IMG] 5. DR vest, black lamb price: $300 sizing: this is very freely sized, it is meant to ride well above the shoulders and only be close in the sides and fit in length. It'd be good for someone a 44-46 in most clothes. mid - 17.5 waist - 17 front length/back length - 21.5/23.5 notes: belt included, unwashed and unworn. [​IMG] 6. Baseball jacket, tan calf suede. price: $300 Sizing: you only need to measure your p2p, the sleeve from the side of your tee collar to past your wrist, and your front length. sleeve, from side of collar down: 34" p2p - 22 front length: 24.5 [​IMG] 7. Baseball jacket, navy lamb suede (original sample made to fit me, see note above) price: $290 Sizing: you only need to measure your p2p, the sleeve from the side of your tee collar to past your wrist, and your front length. sleeve, from side of collar down: 31 p2p - 18.5 front length: 22.5 [​IMG] 8. Harrington, medium grey lamb suede. price: $550 s2s - 18 p2p - 22 hem - 20 front/back length: 22.5/25 sleeve length: 28.5 [​IMG] #9 - #10: TOJ fishtail parkas, both black on black. One is size L, and one is M (M has no grosgrain tape on the front, has wool on the front instead) price, each: $375 both coats have approx 26.5 sleeve lengths [​IMG] [​IMG] #11 TOJ Duffle coat, medium grey heather wool, black leather trim. Stock, with a sleeve length of 23.5" price: $375 (stock photo, item for sale is grey) [​IMG] 12 Brown calf Bomber, 2010 style. (no shearling, G-1 style back) price: $450 [​IMG] s2s- 17.5 p2p - 20.5 hem - 16.75 front length: 24.5 sleeve length 28

3. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

interested to see how TOJ fits in with a style as distinct as scott's.

4. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

My bank account is very happy that none of these will fit. Some great pieces here, hope they fit those who pick them up.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Ahhh. I think some of these would fit me. Curses.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised... the piece he got was easily THE one I would picture him in, considering the clothes he has now and the way he styles them. Perfect addition, and he doesn't even fully realize it yet, I think [​IMG]

7. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Just sent money for some new TOJ goodness. Soooo excited.

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Ahhh. I think some of these would fit me. Curses.

c'mon mike - c'mon! [​IMG]

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

anybody think number three will fit me? [​IMG]

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I'm guessing #2 is supposed to say DR not moto.

Someone buy it so I don't...

11. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Whoever kops 1 and 7 needs to put them to good use.

12. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Nice sample sale. I think i'm going to continue saving up for a bomber though.

13. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

shit so many in my size, but dunno if i have my summer job locked up yet [​IMG] [​IMG]

want the tan baseball the bomber and fishtail

14. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

White TB oxford with red down shirt layered underneath the TOJ, leather pocket jeans and junya boots, GG.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised... the piece he got was easily THE one I would picture him in, considering the clothes he has now and the way he styles them. Perfect addition, and he doesn't even fully realize it yet, I think [​IMG]

Sending payment later tonight, so. fucking. hyped.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Damn some steals in there. Did anyone ever actually order a DR vest? For $300 it's pretty great.