TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GBear

GBear Senior member

The first photo you posted is green, the second is blue. If you put that green and the blue, left and right, the TOJ dark teal would be about 25% to the side of the green.
    [​IMG] Was thinking olive at first but now, dark teal it is. Now MA-1 or Harrington... love the patch sleeve pocket of the MA-1 but the Harrington collar. :/

2. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I am down for an NYC TOJ meet-up the second weekend of July.
    I have been wanting a bomber and the fact that you will be able to measure on the spot seals the deal for me.
    Let me know when /where this will happen.

3. computurd

computurd Senior member

Do you still do the wallets? If I were to get one with an MA-1 would it then be considered a 'whole' piece

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Would love to kop a brown lamb harrington...just no funds right now...

Wearing the shit out of my mDR in black lamb...

I feel like the jacket has almost saved me money...I passed on so many jackets since...everything else just looks..."meh".

5. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

Either works for me for LA meetup. Who else is in?

6. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Would love to kop a brown lamb harrington...just no funds right now...

Wearing the shit out of my mDR in black lamb...

I feel like the jacket has almost saved me money...I passed on so many jackets since...everything else just looks..."meh".

what brands/kinds of jackets did you pass on? just curious to hear what you thought of your toj vs other brands..

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I wish I could pull off some of these leathers man.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

mike you could def go for a bomber with the side arm office! would go well with the americana look plus cropped jeans. did you see tweens' faux junya jeans? it was a great diy. he used an old stripped shirt that he liked the pattern on and had a tailor line the inner bottom half of his jeans with it. when folded it looks awesome. you should try something like that[​IMG]

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

maybe I could rock a bomber, but I'd want to try one on first and see how it looks in the mirror before dropping 700 on it... are you talking about these... [​IMG] yeah those are sweet. my mom is fairly experienced with a sewing machine, I'm sure she could do something like that. might do that later this summer, would be pretty awesome. I think my 511 khakis are too tight, I'll probably have to kop some uniqlo chinos.

10. gats

gats Senior member

What suede colors are offered? I couldn't see on the unofficial site or find in the thread

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

ah yeah, those. my bad, chinos not jeans. something with a sheen to it like tweens would be perfect.

12. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

Remember when Drew talked about worthwhile custom jacket orders? I commissioned a quilted 2011 Moto. Let it be known that I am the first to do it, and all those who follow will be jockin' [​IMG] Perfect fit. Sleeves are just a tiny bit long, but nothing that's a problem. Thanks Drew and everyone over at TOJ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^^niiice, quilted min moto??

what brands/kinds of jackets did you pass on? just curious to hear what you thought of your toj vs other brands..

Not other leather jackets...just jackets in general. Nothing seems to impress nowadays (from your typical SF brands). I feel like I've hit the epitome of jacket...and there really isn't a point trying for better (if that makes sense). Don't people feel like buying clothing never ends? Well, in this case, for the first time, I feel like it has (for now [​IMG])

But if you're looking at comparing the quality, there isn't anything better for the money. I say "for the money," because I really don't know what $3,000-$5,000+ leather jackets are like...

...all I know is that the lamb leather is ridiculously soft; the jacket is light enough to wear indoors, but also substantial (without feeling heavy); the leather isn't dull, it catches the eye, but does not look "plasticky"; and its made for your body. What more can you ask?

14. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Very nice, glad to see drew went through with it. I think it actually looks better than any of the other models with quilting.

15. hhenryhhh

hhenryhhh Senior member

Remember when Drew talked about worthwhile custom jacket orders? I commissioned a quilted 2011 Moto. Let it be known that I am the first to do it, and all those who follow will be jockin' [​IMG] Perfect fit. Sleeves are just a tiny bit long, but nothing that's a problem.

Thanks Drew and everyone over at TOJ!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y'know, while I admire the quilted Double Riders, the quilted Moto just makes so much goddamn sense.