TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. eversuns

eversuns Active Member

+1 webster, that looks fantastic. Belongs in the TOJ hall of fame. I've been fucking around with the size charts, basically I discovered/decided that I don't even need to split the Bomber and Rider's apart anymore, everybody just needs a golden TOJ shoulder/chest/mid/waist/sleeve length and width and then lengths of their choice, so how do you feel about this? (people of respective sizes, give me your opinions based on your 'true' size in other clothes) - note that half sizes are not included on the chart to keep things neat but they'd just come up halfway between whichever two sizes in question. Also note that the size chart, as always, is a baseline set of anchored points that you can move here and there where needed for the full-MTM products (leathers, so far), based on your build. [​IMG] We're gonna try and make a professional video for measuring instructions this week as well.
    Will this be the sizing chart for the MA1? Can't wait to make my order, just got to decide between black or green. edit: for those who workout, will the gussets improve arm movement?

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

yes, it will be, once the sizes on that chart are finalized (those are still subject to everyone's approval at this point so give me feedback). The gussets will give you a bit more room across the back for when you stretch your arms forward.

3. computurd

computurd Senior member

Hey man where the hell is the size 42 golden measurements [​IMG]

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

yes, it will be, once the sizes on that chart are finalized (those are still subject to everyone's approval at this point so give me feedback). The gussets will give you a bit more room across the back for when you stretch your arms forward.
    The size 50 measurements look perfect drew Any word on the bonus colours for the MA-1 and Hartington?

5. afc345

afc345 Senior member

What is going to be the most versatile colour for the MA-1? Can't decide between black or navy.

6. Razele

Razele Senior member

I have a black goretex MA-1 (the original with quilted lining) I wear it atleast once a week, I'm getting a second one as the quilted lining is pretty warm and I need lighter jackets I'm getting the dark teal drew was hoping to get, if it's possible [​IMG]

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

The 48 measurements look great. Good that the in-between sizes have been removed. Too much thought and debate goes on for what is like half and inch.

One thing, maybe show how you would measure the midsection? The 48 is the same as mine when it was quoted to me @ 19". The jacket fits perfect in the midsection, but when I went to measure it (seam to seam), I came up with a 21". But, it's probably just me pulling the jacket as much as a I can tho (as instructed).

8. Grug

Grug Senior member

G'day fellas,

First post here. After 7 years of unsuccessfully searching for a brown leather jacket (apparently it's black, grey or nada down here at the end of the world) I'm now in the process of sorting out sizing for a brown 2011 Moto with Drew! [​IMG]

I've just finished skimming through this entire thread [​IMG] and I'd like to berate you all for bringing me to the point of wanting a minimalist DR as well, in grey suede, whiskey or... red leather [​IMG]

At any rate, I'm very excited to see how my Moto turns out [​IMG] as for the rest... well time will tell.

I did have two questions I was hoping people might be able to help me with: firstly are there any photos in existence of red ToJ leather jackets? And secondly, with shoulder measurements, do you measure from the widest point of the shoulders (slightly down from the top of the shoulder, where the shoulder's a little meatier)? Or from the upper/outermost point of the shoulder?

Cheers,

Grug

9. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

7 posts above you has how Drew measures. For red leather, look at the ToJ gallery here. [​IMG]

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

G'day fellas,

First post here. After 7 years of unsuccessfully searching for a brown leather jacket (apparently it's black, grey or nada down here at the end of the world) I'm now in the process of sorting out sizing for a brown 2011 Moto with Drew! [​IMG]

I've just finished skimming through this entire thread
    [​IMG] and I'd like to berate you all for bringing me to the point of wanting a minimalist DR as well, in grey suede, whiskey or... red leather [​IMG]

At any rate, I'm very excited to see how my Moto turns out [​IMG] as for the rest... well time will tell.

I did have two questions I was hoping people might be able to help me with: firstly are there any photos in existence of red ToJ leather jackets? And secondly, with shoulder measurements, do you measure from the widest point of the shoulders (slightly down from the top of the shoulder, where the shoulder's a little meatier)? Or from the upper/outermost point of the shoulder?

Cheers,

Grug

You should be commended for that.

As for the red leather, one that comes to mind is aeglus's red "akira" DR.
    http://toj-gallery.com/v/toj_dr_fw10/aeglus.jpg.html

As for the shoulders, drew posted something a few posts up about how its measured.

11. Grug

Grug Senior member

7 posts above you has how Drew measures. For red leather, look at the ToJ gallery here.
    You should be commended for that. As for the red leather, one that comes to mind is aeglus's red "akira" DR. http://toj-gallery.com/v/toj_dr_fw10/aeglus.jpg.html As for the shoulders, drew posted something a few posts up about how its measured.
    Thanks fellas, the red actually doesn't look quite as outrageous as I thought it would (which certainly increases the likelihood that I'd actually wear it). I saw Drew's post above, but added to the other measuring charts/pictures I've seen I'm now even more confused. [​IMG] I have quite broad shoulders and chest (particularly compared to the cut/sizing most clothes manufactures seem to use), so very few clothes I own actually fit me very well, so it's hard to find a point of reference. I can't figure out if I'm supposed to measure at the widest point (red) or the uppermost/outmost point (green): [​IMG]

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

13. _Nomad

_Nomad Active Member

MDR action shots.

MDR=Minimalist DR?

If so, what are the key differences compared to the regular DR?
    Is that an actual model or custom ordered?

14. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

MDR=Minimalist DR?

If so, what are the key differences compared to the regular DR?
    Is that an actual model or custom ordered?

Many differences. Not only minimalist, but basically a completely different design.
    --none of the 4 belt buckles
    --1 zip on top
    --straighter, banded hem
    --only 2 metal buttons on the lapels
    --convertible cuffs

But a picture is worth a thousand words...

DR on left, mDR on right.
    [​IMG]

15. _Nomad

_Nomad Active Member

Many differences. Not only minimalist, but basically a completely different design.
    --none of the 4 belt buckles
    --1 zip on top
    --straighter, banded hem
    --only 2 metal buttons on the lapels
    --convertible cuffs

But a picture is worth a thousand words...

DR on left, mDR on right.

Holy fuck. I need to rob a liquor store or something.
    It looks like it would give a somewhat straighter silhouette though, or is it just the picture?
    Looks awesome nonetheless.