TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Generally shirts can have more give in the chest than a leather jacket and still look good IMO, it's a totally different kind of material.

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

My MDR came too. Again, I feel it's a .5 - 1 size big but I told Charley I planned on adding 10-15 pounds. Since then, I got sick and lost weight. [​IMG] Nevermind the hair, been a long day. [​IMG] [​IMG] I guess chest + 3" or so would be my ideal fit. Right now it sits at chest +5.
    I wonder if it's the color or the photos that hides it; I can tell it's too big on you, but it still looks alright. I know how you feel about losing weight. Went through the same thing with pneumonia last year, and I'm still trying to gain back the weight I lost. Out of curiosity, what's your chest size and what size did you end up ordering? Also, is that medium or dark grey?

3. skyline

skyline Senior member

pinched a nerve in my neck [​IMG] was planning on doing the raffle draw today but I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Anniversary models should be ready to show around tomorrow or so as well.

always look forward to new release days [​IMG]

4. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Whats with the snap at the bottom near the zipper? Every other MDR i've seen doesnt have it

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

always look forward to new release days [​IMG]
    Your telling me, it's getting damn cold, I need to be swagged out in new black lamb TOJ A-2 with shearling, a white hidden placket button-down, my old beat up raws, lad musician backzips and a Schneider cloud printed scarf Want to order my Harrington at the same time tho [​IMG]

6. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

My MDR came too. Again, I feel it's a .5 - 1 size big but I told Charley I planned on adding 10-15 pounds. Since then, I got sick and lost weight. [​IMG] Nevermind the hair, been a long day.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I guess chest + 3" or so would be my ideal fit. Right now it sits at chest +5.

Whats with the snap at the bottom near the zipper? Every other MDR i've seen doesnt have it

Look at the picture right above it. It's just used to keep the inner zipper flap in place and is probably optional. Krayzeez jacket has it too and it's also on the QDR and BCDR.

7. keredog

keredog Senior member

Thought I read somewhere that the Minimalist DR's have wider upper sleeves (bicep) because of higher arm-holes? Is there any truth to that? Because IMO, the last two fits have been thrown off a little by the slack in the upper arms. Not very flattering for those who are skinny and want a slim fit.

Of course there are MTM options, but does this apply to stock jackets?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Thought I read somewhere that the Minimalist DR's have wider upper sleeves (bicep) because of higher arm-holes? Is there any truth to that? Because IMO, the last two fits have been thrown off a little by the slack in the upper arms. Not very flattering for those who are skinny and want a slim fit.

Of course there are MTM options, but does this apply to stock jackets?

Everyone orders the sleeve widths to their choice, so what you are seeing is people with bigger arms ordering jackets with wider sleeves. How would a higher armhole (ie smaller) lead to a wider sleeve?
    The two fits above: the first guy looks like he has huge biceps which you can see by the way his sleeves wrinkle, and the second guy didn't fasten the cuffs at all, and so they're about 2 or 3" wider than they'd be if the sleeves were zipped up properly. You can't tell that from the front but you can see the little flap in the back hanging there unfastened.

9. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

^should i be concerned that i didn't get a raffle number yet?

i submitted my information and you said it would be put in the raffle and you had to catch up and distribute the numbers

10. Jared7

Jared7 Senior member

How closely would you say the diamond quilting would be to these jackets?[​IMG]

Would be interested in knowing how the diamonds look as well. Did anybody order a QDR with diamond quilting?

11. impolyt_one

no one has ordered diamond quilt.

12. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I know this will drive drew nuts, but there was a quilted raf leather like that from fw06 or 07 I think that I always wanted, though I think it was more of a moto style. anyway would definitely be cool in brown.

13. impolyt_one

between the questions I get on a regular basis via email... and the questions/suggestions I get via this thread... this thread is beginning to lose purpose...

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is the drawing still on schedule for today?

15. impolyt_one

I am gonna do that tomorrow (June 3rd) - still can't move my neck right now [​IMG]