TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

picked up my grey suede A-1 yesterday. fucking awesome. love it. the material (calf) is super nice. i'm glad i took the recommendation of charly or drew on it. seriously, don't question it. i made a few modifications to their measurements that helped like the arm hole diameter, but other than that, it's great.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

nice dude. Forgot it's Monday over there, time has been flying before my eyes.

[​IMG]

who is this dude/what movie is this from? I've seen it but can't remember it.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

keeps your shirt from getting caught in the zipper...i use my finger to keep my shirt out when zipping my bomber up[​IMG]

really? ive always thought it protected you from the wind :/

4. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

who is this dude/what movie is this from? I've seen it but can't remember it.

Thanayong Wongtrakul, The Man From Nowhere

5. impolyt_one

damn, nice save there. I actually went to go see that movie when it came it too, and the actors also came up and gave a little speech before the movie showed. They do it whenever a movie comes out over here.

6. dibango

dibango Senior member

damn, nice save there. I actually went to go see that movie when it came it too, and the actors also came up and gave a little speech before the movie showed. They do it whenever a movie comes out over here.

It seems every Korean movie is about revenge. Is it a cultural thing?

7. impolyt_one

pretty much. It's just postal fantasies being manifested - passive aggressive as hell, everybody

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

And all depressing as fuck. After watching Taegukgi I'm pretty sure Koreans just want to make everyone feel sad

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

Drew-what's your opinion on washing a leather? I've been researching this and found it to be interesting to do if there's a few places that doesn't fit quite right/just trying to create a different finish.

Something like this:

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2...-by-peter.html

10. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

How long does it take to break in a FQHH jacket? Thinking of kopping one in burgundy, but not sure how often I'll be able to wear it since I mostly wear MC these days.

11. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

And all depressing as fuck. After watching Taegukgi I'm pretty sure Koreans just want to make everyone feel sad
    I think I've only seen one or two Korean movies where the ending didn't make me sad. ... but I usually watch their war/gangster movies.

12. impolyt_one

Drew-what's your opinion on washing a leather? I've been researching this and found it to be interesting to do if there's a few places that doesn't fit quite right/just trying to create a different finish.

Something like this:

http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/2...-by-peter.html

Washing (we should say 'wetting') a leather jacket is not so bad in theory - terrible in practice, and it's because of that article, it gets linked and referred to so many times.

For one, the whole superfuture mantra of 'hot soak, cold soak, everything shrinks' blah blah - something was lost in the transmission there amongst readers- leather is not cloth. Cloth shrinks because it's loosely spun fiber in a weave, so there's tons of room to shrink it close together on a microscopic scale. Leather is is not woven, it's cellular membrane that's connected and then the filling is moisture and lanolin or oil to keep the membranes filled out - your denim more closely related to your tablecoth and your leather jacket is more related to the skin your body than anything. A long hot bath, and your skin will shrink up temporarily and then it will dry out. The only difference is that there's no animal inside the leather to produce natural moisturizer anymore, so each subsequent wash will dry it out more without renourishing.

Long story short: don't expect a hot wash to truly shrink your leather jacket, just expect it to dry it out like jerky and if it shrinks, it's because of that - but like cloth it'll stretch back out, except without the moisture. Just like your skin, it's pretty hard to force moisture into it from the outside, if it's been dried out intensively.
    Hot water WILL knock off some lanolin from the surface from lambskin, so I actually do recommend you hang your TOJ lambskin on a wide hanger and give it a hot shower til the leather seems pretty saturated - the shine will go away, and when you wear it the excess lanolin will re-appear in high wear areas. There's a reserve of it left unless you truly try to dehydrate your leather.
    I've warned of what happens with the dark grey lamb, but especially for the black lamb, a bit of water is not bad for it. Just don't think of it like unsanforized denim or something, it's not that.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

this should be in the OP. great explanation drew[​IMG]

14. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

picked up my grey suede A-1 yesterday. fucking awesome. love it. the material (calf) is super nice. i'm glad i took the recommendation of charly or drew on it. seriously, don't question it. i made a few modifications to their measurements that helped like the arm hole diameter, but other than that, it's great.

pictures

15. emalkin23

emalkin23 Well-Known Member

pictures

How about no more describing your jacket until you have pics! [​IMG]