1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Distinguished Member

New styles are rad, I think Synth would look cool in the vest.

2. computurd

computurd Senior Member

Nipples = HARD Especially with the vest. I was never a fan of any of the double rider models but I am really feeling the vest one. The bombers look fantastic too. I really love the arm pocket on the 2nd one, Im a bit iffy on the angled pockets and name patches. I am kinda missing that _l_ back design on the 2010 bomber but am really liking how the gussets are just around the arms. (One problem I noticed with my 2010 bomber was that I it often got something hooked into it like a door handle lol.) Curious, are those browns the same just different lighting or is the first one whisky? Sons of Anarchy cast. ToJ them out. [​IMG]

3. aeglus

aeglus Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

all looks good; wish i wasn't poor

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Stylish Dinosaur

Brown and black lamb. BTW, no more calfskin Bombers. There is a disconnect when you put all the pieces together, as the detachable collar has to get a lambskin piece on it, calf is too thick and the guy doesn't like to work on it and won't put the buttonholes on the pockets if its calf, etc, etc. I prefer lamb anyway, so lamb it is.

5. impolyt_one

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dibango

dibango Senior Member

Very nice work. The new details speak for themselves. I especially like the pocket buttons.
    Is the A2 sample in whiskey? And does the CWU45/P have the same back as the A2?

7. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

looks great. love the rider vest, would rock. might be a stupid question but are other colors of shearling feasible? ps drew I knew you like your little details but I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna want to opt out of the suede name patch [​IMG]

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Distinguished Member

nmlgy that's the standard brown. this is whiskey: [​IMG]

9. Magic1

Magic1 Senior Member

Love the new bomber, thank you for bringing back the fur collar, makes such a difference. I think they look great without the collar and that's a wonderful minimalist aesthetic, but the collar just make it so cool, and creates wonderful proportions and lines.

10. Garbage Mouth

Garbage Mouth Senior Member

Love the new bomber, thank you for bringing back the fur collar, makes such a difference. I think they look great without the collar and that's a wonderful minimalist aesthetic, but the collar just make it so cool, and creates wonderful proportions and lines.

Agreed on the collar. Thank you for bringing it back.

I'm really loving the remixed A2 bomber, as well as the arm pocket on the second jacket.

11. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

The new bombers are stupid good.

Seriously my favourite ToJ pieces ever... Even to the level of the whisky quilt DR I fantasize about.

12. Goombi

Goombi Senior Member

Oh that popped collar....

13. dibango

dibango Senior Member

nmlgy that's the standard brown. this is whiskey:
    [​IMG]

What I mean is, the two bomber samples seem to have different shades of brown.

14. impolyt_one

THe first bomber sample is brown, the second is black.

15. impolyt_one

Damn new A-2 is dope

What about suede? Could I get dark grey lamb suede new A-2 with a removable shearling collar? Black? Natural?

Shearling on full suede? That would be.... [​IMG] ... because:

looks great. love the rider vest, would rock. might be a stupid question but are other colors of shearling feasible?

ps drew I knew you like your little details but I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna want to opt out of the suede name patch [​IMG]

I figure some will not get the name patch, but it's honestly one of the coolest things I've put on a jacket, so if people opt out of it, that would be a shame. I've put leather everywhere and even in places you didn't expect leather (the back of that fishtail parka's hood, for example) and just this little tiny strip of suede on the Bomber does a lot - it breaks up the chest nicely, it has an immediate thematic reference that most people can get, and it's one of many textures in a jacket that seems 'boring' to some. You have plush shearling, naturally grained leather, a bit of soft suede in the strip, polished horn buttons, a metallic zipper - then you add on to that by incorporating your various layers, take the shearling off half the year and wear oxford shirts and tees, put the shearling on and wear differently textured knits and shirts in cooler weather, and then beyond all that, the fit is so different on the TOJ compared to a traditional replica Bomber, it's immediately noticeable. This is the beauty of the TOJ Bomber.