• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

computurd

Reaction score
Nipples = HARD Especially with the vest. I was never a fan of any of the double rider models but I am really feeling the vest one. The bombers look fantastic too. I really love the arm pocket on the 2nd one, Im a bit iffy on the angled pockets and name patches. I am kinda missing that _l_ back design on the 2010 bomber but am really liking how the gussets are just around the arms. (One problem I noticed with my 2010 bomber was that I it often got something hooked into it like a door handle lol.) Curious, are those browns the same just different lighting or is the first one whisky? Sons of Anarchy cast. ToJ them out.
Sons_Of_Anarchy_690348i.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Brown and black lamb. BTW, no more calfskin Bombers. There is a disconnect when you put all the pieces together, as the detachable collar has to get a lambskin piece on it, calf is too thick and the guy doesn't like to work on it and won't put the buttonholes on the pockets if its calf, etc, etc. I prefer lamb anyway, so lamb it is.

dibango

Reaction score
Very nice work. The new details speak for themselves. I especially like the pocket buttons.
Is the A2 sample in whiskey? And does the CWU45/P have the same back as the A2?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great. love the rider vest, would rock. might be a stupid question but are other colors of shearling feasible? ps drew I knew you like your little details but I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna want to opt out of the suede name patch
redface.gif

Magic1

Reaction score
Love the new bomber, thank you for bringing back the fur collar, makes such a difference. I think they look great without the collar and that's a wonderful minimalist aesthetic, but the collar just make it so cool, and creates wonderful proportions and lines.

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magic1
Love the new bomber, thank you for bringing back the fur collar, makes such a difference. I think they look great without the collar and that's a wonderful minimalist aesthetic, but the collar just make it so cool, and creates wonderful proportions and lines.

Agreed on the collar. Thank you for bringing it back.

I'm really loving the remixed A2 bomber, as well as the arm pocket on the second jacket.

Doctor

Reaction score
The new bombers are stupid good.

Seriously my favourite ToJ pieces ever... Even to the level of the whisky quilt DR I fantasize about.

dibango

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
nmlgy that's the standard brown. this is whiskey:
davidk_001.jpg

What I mean is, the two bomber samples seem to have different shades of brown.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
THe first bomber sample is brown, the second is black.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Damn new A-2 is dope

What about suede? Could I get dark grey lamb suede new A-2 with a removable shearling collar? Black? Natural?

Shearling on full suede? That would be....
confused.gif
... because:

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
looks great. love the rider vest, would rock. might be a stupid question but are other colors of shearling feasible?

ps drew I knew you like your little details but I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna want to opt out of the suede name patch
redface.gif

I figure some will not get the name patch, but it's honestly one of the coolest things I've put on a jacket, so if people opt out of it, that would be a shame. I've put leather everywhere and even in places you didn't expect leather (the back of that fishtail parka's hood, for example) and just this little tiny strip of suede on the Bomber does a lot - it breaks up the chest nicely, it has an immediate thematic reference that most people can get, and it's one of many textures in a jacket that seems 'boring' to some. You have plush shearling, naturally grained leather, a bit of soft suede in the strip, polished horn buttons, a metallic zipper - then you add on to that by incorporating your various layers, take the shearling off half the year and wear oxford shirts and tees, put the shearling on and wear differently textured knits and shirts in cooler weather, and then beyond all that, the fit is so different on the TOJ compared to a traditional replica Bomber, it's immediately noticeable. This is the beauty of the TOJ Bomber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads