TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

I just saw the actual fit pictures. It's a shame that the waist bulges like that.. [​IMG]

2. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

It's really not man......I've showed the zippers to a lot of people (wondering if it's just me) and almost everyone comments the zippers look out of place. Especially my girlfriend, she hates them. In the end, we're dropping hundreds of dollars on something and we just want what we want........

I'm posting this here instead of editing my original posting:

*One thing I've never understood though, if you could clarify this and just put the zipper talk to rest it would be great.

TOJ is relatively small compared to some huge name brand. How hard is it for the maker of the motos to substitute the zippers with the old tab pulls if the buyer is asking for them and fully acknowledges that it is an inferior design in TOJ's opinion, but we want it for the look. Does it have something to do with how you buy the zipper configurations in the first place?

I mean if this wasn't much of a hassle and could potentially result in more sells for TOJ, why not? Hell, I would pay a $25 customization fee to have the old zips, still worlds better than anything else sub 1K.

**and I'm really not trying to argue or anything man. TBH, I just REALLY like TOJ motos....IMO one of the best looking jackets, especially with some of the upgrades on the 2011 model. I wouldn't just be saying all this for the hell of it, it's because I'm actually wanting to purchase.

so don't fucking buy one

3. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

completely new to TOJ but i saw that there could be custom orders. would it be possible to do a DR in kangaroo leather? if so i'll email TOJ and get more into depth with them

4. omgcookielol

completely new to TOJ but i saw that there could be custom orders. would it be possible to do a DR in kangaroo leather? if so i'll email TOJ and get more into depth with them

Be sure to check the legality of the leather in your area. I think Kangaroo leather is banned in California.

5. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

they lifted the ban last year i read until 2016. i think kangaroo leather on the DR, if TOJ could work it out, would be majestic

6. omgcookielol

they lifted the ban last year i read until 2016. i think kangaroo leather on the DR, if TOJ could work it out, would be majestic
    Great news man. I was just thinking yesterday about how lame it would be if I saw some nice sneaks in Kangaroo leather that I couldn't buy because of the ridiculous ban.

7. phreak

phreak Senior member

Great news man. I was just thinking yesterday about how lame it would be if I saw some nice sneaks in Kangaroo leather that I couldn't buy because of the ridiculous ban.

The last dozen or so soccer cleats that I've bought have been Predators by Adidas. But sadly, they don't use kangaroo leather anymore [​IMG]

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

anniversary model fabric we custom ordered, and I heard it's in and delivered now... >=D

9. impolyt_one

came back from the workshop and saw the new Bomber. It's pretty fucking cool. Also pretty amazing to watch leather jackets come together, there is so much work inside the jackets you'll never see, it's so much more than slapping a few panels of leather and a zipper together with a sewing machine and inserting a slick lining.

10. impolyt_one

Check this out, these are the what the guts of a TOJ leather jacket look like. They get gauzed and taped everywhere inside along the seams so that the stitches don't pull through the leather. It's very meticulous. You can see the back of the pockets get big patches of dense-weave stuff so that those pockets stay strong. [​IMG] [​IMG] Edge trim of the collar gets hand perf'ed so that it rounds out naturally around your neck and seamage lays flat. [​IMG] Stacked up and ready to go, hidden snaps inserted at this stage: [​IMG]

11. wootx

wootx Senior member

very interesting, thanks for sharing!

12. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

that was a disaster
    Yeah. That was my pic, and I stand by what I wrote in the comments. The original 2.3 DR was different, but while I prefer longer jackets the current pattern simply does not allow for it. Any attempt to force it will likely be met with disaster unless your torso (including the hips) is built like an inverted triangle. I got a blacked-out version of the same jacket later with different measurements and am infinitely happier with it. You can find a pic of it somewhere in there.

13. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

14. impolyt_one

I have something for summer wear coming out tomorrow. [​IMG] A couple Bombers tomorrow too, maybe. I don't know Bombers float your boat, but I think they'd look good on you. A bit of a changeup

15. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

Always wanted to see the inner workings of a leather. Its shots like this that make me appreciate the work that goes into these things. Thanks [​IMG]