Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

.... is that what you really want? [​IMG]

hahahaha. I've been thinking about something like that, but I'm not really sure. Don't judge!

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

This zipper talk is stupid. If you don't like what the firm has to offer..simply don't buy it.

What's the most expensive thing on the menu? A horse hide at $800? That's not even that much so 100% customization on the level of a Bespoke suit is certainly out of the question.

There's way more that can be done. I just won't say here because I don't even have a list offhand, but the sky is definitely the limit. I've always made special one-offs for people since the beginning, but nowadays like i said, I really only do it if it's worthwhile and challenging, with the goal of making something even better than is offered on the regular menu. Things that are likely not to be good, or not represent my work well, would be rejected. (ie full hair on hide jacket - do you really want hair all over your jacket?!?) For Uncontrol, that meant a TOJ in a style that suits his aesthetic, which somehow, if you think about it, is a reasonable project.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

There's way more that can be done. I just won't say here because I don't even have a list offhand, but the sky is definitely the limit. I've always made special one-offs for people since the beginning, but nowadays like i said, I really only do it if it's worthwhile and challenging, with the goal of making something even better than is offered on the regular menu. Things that are likely not to be good, or not represent my work well, would be rejected. (ie full hair on hide jacket - do you really want hair all over your jacket?!?) For Uncontrol, that meant a TOJ in a style that suits his aesthetic, which somehow, if you think about it, is a reasonable project.
    When is my one off coming then?!! [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

it must be conceived. by you.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I will keep that in mind while I'm away. [​IMG]

6. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

Any chance of having pictures of all the available DR etc colors on the website? Most people have ordered the "safe" colors (black, brown) so the gallery isn't that useful for the more obscure ones.

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

ToJ RFXclusive ! ! ! [​IMG]

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

man i wouldn't even want a hair jacket. that sounds like bad news. and it's going to get worn down everywhere.

9. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

I like the way haircalf looks when it ages and gets worn down. I think it would look really chic the more it gets beaten up (And I beat up everything I own). Anyway, just a thought. You queens need to calm down.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Any chance of having pictures of all the available DR etc colors on the website? Most people have ordered the "safe" colors (black, brown) so the gallery isn't that useful for the more obscure ones.
    No one wants to ante up and order them. Drew's firm is a small one so he can't make all 10+ colors or so just for pictures op.

This is why my next order will be the blue. I want to know what it looks like in real life. I just need to pick a jacket for it as I already have 2 bombers and 2 DRs.

A while back unicornprinsexx PS'd some good representations of the colors. Not sure where that picture is at now though.

ToJ RFXclusive ! ! ! [​IMG]
    Do it, bro.

I know $1,000-2,000 ain't a thang for you.

I will run the idea through Drew sooner or later too.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I have been conceiving of a dark burgundy BCDR since that quilted joint got dropped and apparently the notion has no traction. Can someone please get that shit trending on twitter? Start a facebook group? Something.

12. omgcookielol

omgcookielol Senior member

No one wants to ante up and order them. Drew's firm is a small one so he can't make all 10+ colors or so just for pictures op. This is why my next order will be the blue. I want to know what it looks like in real life. I just need to pick a jacket for it as I already have 2 bombers and 2 DRs.
    Didn't Synthese get a blue DR? Get that. Have a 3 DR rotation! [​IMG] This looks amazing Drew. http://toj-gallery.com/v/toj_dr_fw10/modalsaliency4.jpg I love the silhouette and added body length. Would you be up for doing something like this again sometime in the future?

13. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

hold on, what kind of zippers are on the baseball jacket? (10)

14. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Didn't Synthese get a blue DR? Get that. Have a 3 DR rotation! [​IMG]

This looks amazing Drew.
    http://toj-gallery.com/v/toj_dr_fw10/modalsaliency4.jpg
    I love the silhouette and added body length. Would you be up for doing something like this again sometime in the future?

that was a disaster

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

that was a disaster

+ a fucking thousand