TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

you'll never be done with watches man. I want like 4 or 5 watches more, off the top of my head. [​IMG] Won't get a single one for awhile.
    Haha. I can go for another IWC for sure!

I still want a Panerai, but my tiny wrist does not compliment it much.

I like watches because I see them as markers in my life-time. I still have the cheap Swatches that I got during middle-high school.

The next on my list is to buy some shirts/tops. I have the hardest time finding dress shirts that fit me properly because I'm a 14.5x33.5 or so. May have to go MTO on that one. [​IMG]

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Had a dream last night about wearing a rose gold Richard Mille, I saw what it looked like on my wrist, dreamt I was standing across the street from a pizza place called 'Jose Joe's' that used the Papa John's logo, and the store was half pizza/half beauty supply.
    Googled just now and the watch I was wearing actually exists and looks just like it did in my dream (I thought i was dreaming of an Audemars Piguet RO and called a RM, but it was the RM) and then I found the price.... lol

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Had a dream last night about wearing a rose gold Richard Mille, I saw what it looked like on my wrist, dreamt I was standing across the street from a pizza place called 'Jose Joe's' that used the Papa John's logo, and the store was half pizza/half beauty supply.
    Googled just now and the watch I was wearing actually exists and looks just like it did in my dream (I thought i was dreaming of an Audemars Piguet RO and called a RM, but it was the RM) and then I found the price.... lol

Inception dream. [​IMG]

I think $10k for a watch is my threshold. For anything more, it's going to be hard on my part, haha.

PS the anniversary piece is still being kept hush hush, right? And what about the raffle?

I didn't have time to postwhore as much in the last few days because I had stuff to wrap up at work before I went on vacation.

4. impolyt_one

I don't know if Richard Mille incepted me or what, because I'm about 500 times short the kind of money I'd need for something like that. [​IMG] I think I may have seen an RM this week at a store and it burrowed into my subconscious. My dream watch list is mostly German watches still, I'd like: 1. an IWC 3717 to replace my Sinn 356 when it starts looking too worse for the wear and needs a refurb 2. a Glashuette Original Senator Navigator for a vintage Flieger look 3. a Dornblueth cal 99 in rose gold, beige face, brown strap 4. white face/black strap dress watch, like a VC Patrimony or a Saxonia 5. maybe a black Blancpain Fifty Fathoms? [​IMG] I don't know if I can do 45mm but I haven't tried that one on.

5. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I actually picked up a Sinn 356 because I liked yours so much. How is yours holding up though? I've had mine for a few days and it already has small scratches on the band.

Oh and my ToJ shipped. Boom. It's in NYC now, hopefully I get it monday / tuesday.

6. impolyt_one

mine is all scratched up from my dog and daily wear, I never take it off and I'm fairly hard on daily watches too. I will probably never be able to wear a beater much more expensive than this. Acrylic crystal doesn't help, but the crystal is pretty easily replaced/polished. I figure that someday I will just get a private shop in Japan to give the bracelet and case a bead blast to get it back to spec, doubt I will send it back to Sinn.

7. impolyt_one

I did have a moment of enlightenment though, sitting on an airplane last week, just staring at the big and small seconds scampering around the face, the font, it all somehow really struck some sort of chord when I was on an airplane at speed.

8. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

how long have you had it?

and yeah - it's a beautiful watch. pretty understated, but I prefer it that way. I got some polywatch coming from amazon for the soon-to-be acrylic scratches...

9. impolyt_one

I think I've had mine for about a year and a half now? I can't remember. dizzhizz has had his 756S for a few months longer than I've had my Sinn.

10. sidofodin

sidofodin Member

[​IMG] Just got my Quilt DR. This lambskin is like laying on clouds.

11. impolyt_one

looks seksi as fuck. How do you feel about the quality and all that?

12. sidofodin

sidofodin Member

The quality is godly. I think this is a jacket to keep for generations. I'll probably be wearing this as a senior citizen.

13. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

NICE

Hey Drew,

Will you consider to offer Horsehide in the future, And is the calfskin you got close to vanson?

14. impolyt_one

I think our calf is nicer than Vanson's, from what I've handled and seen of Vanson. It's 3-4 oz depending on the style of jacket you choose, the black is a deep waxy black that takes a hard beating.

FQHH, I don't like taking orders for. We were not supposed to be accepting orders for those but some came in, unbeknownst to me. It's good leather, but a bit dry and stiff for making the kind of leather jacket I like to make.

15. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

Drew, I'm wondering if you can answer this.

How does your calf compare to Rick Owens oiled calf? I've felt it in person and I love it. Now I know that jacket's retail price is 4x that of yours, I'm just wanting a realistic comparison if you've ever felt his.

Thanks!