Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

no
    +1. 'Hip' haircuts just don't cut it in corporate America for the most part. A couple of months ago when I was conducting interviews for prospects to join my team, I had an Asian guy showed up rocking 2 inch mohawk. He came highly recommended from a professor who I likely respect. But after the first impression, I already knew I wasn't going to hire him. (Not saying that the user is in corporate or anything, but it's just my view).

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yeah, that makes sense. Having the band collar loose like that doesn't bother me (although that extra snap on the inside to secure it is kind of a cool detail). If anything, it helps balance out the rest of the dangly stuff when it's worn open.

Also, I like the color of the jacket in the picture you linked to.

The color is a beaut. It's burgundy horse hide. After I saw that, I immediately put in an order for one in minimalist DR. I guess I was one of the few who got in as minimalist DR is supposed to be limited to lamb and not calf/horse.

3. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

+1. 'Hip' haircuts just don't cut it in corporate America for the most part.

A couple of months ago when I was conducting interviews for prospects to join my team, I had an Asian guy showed up rocking 2 inch mohawk. He came highly recommended from a professor who I likely respect. But after the first impression, I already knew I wasn't going to hire him.

(Not saying that the user is in corporate or anything, but it's just my view).

i'm in corporate and i have a pretty hip haircut, no one cares, boss thinks it's cool. office is real conservative tho

4. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, because I can't quite envision how that would work. I mean the thing that I very sloppily circled in red, below. I guess what I mean is that I'd like it more if it wasn't so elongated. Take off maybe an inch, two inches, tops, and it'd be a cleaner look.
    [​IMG]

Yeah I was talking about the wrong flap lol

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

i'm in corporate and i have a pretty hip haircut, no one cares, boss thinks it's cool. office is real conservative tho
    Your haircut, while hip, is still conservative I think.

I don't mind the regular kind of hip like short spikes and what not. It's the "SF" hip that really makes you look 'out there' or look like strung out drug users.

When I can't be there, these guys will have to attend meetings for me so yeah.

I think it's the same for AR_6. Folks said he should go for a cooler haircut, but he's an attorney, not a musician.

6. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

Aeglus' or Synthese's hair would definitely be ok even in a conservative office. Fauxhawks have been establishment since 2003.

7. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Agreed that your haircut is pretty damn hip. Are you in a client-facing position, though? That makes a big difference.

Yeah I was talking about the wrong flap lol

Yeah, so see what I mean about the vestigial appendage look it's got going on? I can't tell whether that's gonna DQ it for me. I like the DR concept more than the more conservative moto look, but I feel like I'd be self-conscious about having that thing flapping all over the place.

8. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

Aeglus' or Synthese's hair would definitely be ok even in a conservative office. Fauxhawks have been establishment since 2003.

I think that's a stretch

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

A couple of months ago when I was conducting interviews for prospects to join my team, I had an Asian guy showed up rocking 2 inch mohawk. He came highly recommended from a professor who I likely respect. But after the first impression, I already knew I wasn't going to hire him.

I hope in an alternate universe this dude would've made you millions of dollars, but you didn't hire him because of his haircut

10. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

[​IMG] haha okay dude, no hard feelings, just a matter of opinion
    how dare you accuse me of having feelings

(10)

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

I hope in an alternate universe this dude would've made you millions of dollars, but you didn't hire him because of his haircut
    Lol unc you so tarded

12. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

well one down, haha
    yeah, had that bookmarked, want to make it eventually. nothing else to do so found the measuring guide and some more measuring stuff [​IMG]
    also, recent quilted dr fits make the jacket look so good. Wasn't a big fan when it was first released but, damn...

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I think it's the same for AR_6. Folks said he should go for a cooler haircut, but he's an attorney, not a musician.
    Honestly when I'm not working I just put some stuff in it and I can make it do fun stuff. It's pretty whacked right now, but it's sunday.

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Nah, he's still unemployed from the last I heard from the alumni association. And recently I found out he blazes...so he probably would've not passed the drug test anyway.

It's funny, Unc...your posts are all over the place. Some are helpful and others are straight trolling.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

we don't have fauxhawks we have pomped jugends

Also my hair is fine in a conservative setting as long as I comb it back (I'm assuming because I worked with Hyundai capital execs and they had nothing but praise... and it is a setting where if they don't like something they will be quite vocal about it as well as MCers giving it the thumbs up):
    [​IMG][​IMG]