Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

pixi panopticon sees all

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Is this one also available in calf and what color is it in the picture?

2. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I think this is another one they're not doing in calf because it's too thick and stiff for some portions of the jacket. I think this is medium grey lamb.

And damnit, this was going to be the jacket I was gonna order - also kinda long but considerably tighter - but now I'm second-guessing myself. I'm not a fan of the way the extra flap or whatever on the right side looks when the jacket's not fully zipped. It's like there's a second, floppier collar below the regular collar. I'd like it more if it ended closer to where the band collar ends.

Now I'm thinking I might go with the minimalist moto instead...

3. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

If you're talking about the flap I think you're talking about, you could tuck it under the other side...
    But being asymmetrical and double breasted it would just look really weird if that piece wasn't there

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

i think his hair is too boring to rock a jacket like that effectively

also jeans are too lose

quilting's not necessary IMO, he just doesn't do it right

If I recall correctly, the guy is in his 30s and is a dad. If I were his age, I wouldn't want to look like a kid either.

5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

If I recall correctly, the guy is in his 30s and is a dad. If I were his age, I wouldn't want to look like a kid either.
    +1,000,000 Drew, I've been wondering something. with your more recent designs, have you in any way altered the slimness of the sleeves? I've been noticing that a lot of the more recent jackets tend to have sleeves that aren't as slim as earlier jackets.

6. notwithit

If you're talking about the flap I think you're talking about, you could tuck it under the other side...
    But being asymmetrical and double breasted it would just look really weird if that piece wasn't there

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, because I can't quite envision how that would work. I mean the thing that I very sloppily circled in red, below.

I guess what I mean is that I'd like it more if it wasn't so elongated. Take off maybe an inch, two inches, tops, and it'd be a cleaner look.

[​IMG]

7. Raf Simmons

Raf Simmons Well-Known Member

Anyone have the link to that measuring guide prototype Drew posted not too long ago?
    ... and the curry recipe?

teh toj curry

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

+1,000,000

Drew, I've been wondering something. with your more recent designs, have you in any way altered the slimness of the sleeves? I've been noticing that a lot of the more recent jackets tend to have sleeves that aren't as slim as earlier jackets.

I asked Charly this question before. The arm holes on the DR is higher so slimmer sleeves will restrict movement severely. The arm holes on the bomber are not as high so they can be slimmer.

This was my first question when I got my DR since it's roomier in the upper arm area.

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

i think his hair is too boring to rock a jacket like that effectively
    A lot of idiotic comments but it will be hard to beat this one. That said, I'm sure someone will try.

11. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

oh yeah? you honestly don't think it would look a bit better if he was rocking hair like synth or aeg?

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, because I can't quite envision how that would work. I mean the thing that I very sloppily circled in red, below.

I guess what I mean is that I'd like it more if it wasn't so elongated. Take off maybe an inch, two inches, tops, and it'd be a cleaner look.

[​IMG]

He was probably referring to this. In this picture, the band of the moto is pulled back via a snap button.

https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_moto_fw10/Funksy+2.jpg.html

13. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

oh yeah? you honestly don't think it would look a bit better if he was rocking hair like synth or aeg?
    no

14. Hot Dog Day #49

Hot Dog Day #49 Senior member

[​IMG] haha okay dude, no hard feelings, just a matter of opinion

15. notwithit

He was probably referring to this. In this picture, the band of the moto is pulled back via a snap button.

https://toj.pixi.me/v/toj_moto_fw10/Funksy+2.jpg.html

Yeah, that makes sense. Having the band collar loose like that doesn't bother me (although that extra snap on the inside to secure it is kind of a cool detail). If anything, it helps balance out the rest of the dangly stuff when it's worn open.

Also, I like the color of the jacket in the picture you linked to.