1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. eversuns

eversuns Active Member

I want varsity.

Has anyone ordered the anniversary jackets yet?

I have a all black MA1 coming with CWU detailing, I'll post pics when it arrives.

2. Razele

Razele Senior member

Seriously people should get on that MA-1 train hardcore, I've already got a black one and it's fucking amazing, get heaps of complements

I love Raf and Raf love the MA-1, so many dope fits it works in so easily. I woulda kopped another one from Drew if I could get it in Teal or Electric Blue.

Seriously kop that ish anyone who is on the sideline

On another note, a week and a half through my order wait and it's horrible, can't wait to wear my black lamb A-2 all day erry day

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

which do you hate more, the zipper talk or the varsity jacket talk? [​IMG]

Definitely zippers - people treat that like there's some sort of imaginary zipper shop that carries all the brands, all the style pieces, in all the right colors and lengths, executions, and opening styles, and are willing to sell me like 1 piece of each per order and it happens to be right by my house or something where I can just pick them up as I go and they never run out of stock. It's pretty ridiculous.
    (restaurant analogy - restaurant does sell a fish dish or two, yes, but customers come in and ask for every different kind of fish from around the world, at no added cost, expect it to be caught on call, and then on the table within the same amount of time, every order being different) - there's no point in even entertaining zipper discussion. Nobody even knows what they're talking about, it's hearsay from internet forums. No one has ever brought up a decent point about zippers with me, so therefore I don't have anything worthwhile to respond with.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Varsity jackets were like this - lots of silly questions ALL THE TIME, people saying 'I don't want this one, I want the one from last year' despite it being discontinued, people customizing jackets with questionable color combinations - those ones always inevitably end up on the marketplace, never move, people wonder why, and an ugly color combo wearing a TOJ tag reflects on me I feel - it also feels very [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Compared to zipper discussion though, I'd rather make varsity jackets all day still. They're nice pieces of clothing, it's just that I got tired of seeing them, got tired of them taking focus away from the really nice pieces - the leather jackets (which always cost double a varsity jacket, and anybody who owns both can probably see why), and the questions and comments - those never helped.

4. echau

echau Senior member

Yeah...I have varsity (TOJ0 brad pitt) and after receiving my MDR, I can see why Drew would rather make the full leather pieces. They're just that much more awesome. Now that I have the MDR, I don't think I'll wear my varsity anymore, if at all (maybe I should sell it?).

5. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

6. GBear

GBear Senior member

I want varsity.

Just put an order in for a dark teal harrington. I had my mind set on the MA-1 for the longest time but changed it last minute.

7. echau

echau Senior member

Is it a 44?

sorry, it's a 48

8. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Lol varsity Hyenas

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

people customizing jackets with questionable color combinations - those ones always inevitably end up on the marketplace, never move, people wonder why, and an ugly color combo wearing a TOJ tag reflects on me I feel - it also feels very [​IMG]
    See if this was a motivator for not making them at all I feel like you should've just turned down shit that you thought was going to be ugly. I mean it's your call whether you want to sell a jacket or not. Reminds me of Snowcovers in Vancouver and Whistler - I don't know if the policy still holds, but at one point they would fit you in a ski boot and if you said "no, I don't like this fit, I want a size bigger" or "I want that boot", they would refuse to sell them to you, i.e. "we decide what you wear, or shop somewhere else", basically.

10. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

That reminds me of the one year they offered the BMW individual program (can choose from any paint colors from the archives, and customize interior colors as well) on the Z3 when they started manufacturing them at the Spartanburg plant. Customers would order these awful combos thinking it was somehow a great idea but then bail out when they saw the car in person, and dealerships were stuck with cars that looked like this:

[​IMG]

That said I want to track down one of these ugly varsity's and see if I can do something with it [​IMG]

11. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Just put an order in for a dark teal harrington. I had my mind set on the MA-1 for the longest time but changed it last minute.

Please post fit pics when it arrives. [​IMG] I wanna see how the teal looks. I have a Tan harrington on queue right now, so stoked.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Lime green with red varsity would be INSTAKOP!!! [​IMG] Call it the B/S colorway.

13. X_X

X_X Well-Known Member

I check this thread every now and then, but it's just tooooo big and hard to keep up with. You have to go back God knows how many pages to catch up. Love the jackets, but I'm just saying...

14. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

cars that looked like this

I would fucking love to own that car.

15. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that car looks great

16. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

[​IMG] I mean if you swapped out the red for more black since the exterior is a fantastic color but as is it's just so ...jarring

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Well it's not like it's not salvageable, they could just re-paint the damned thing or re-do part of the interior.

18. GBear

GBear Senior member

Please post fit pics when it arrives. [​IMG] I wanna see how the teal looks. I have a Tan harrington on queue right now, so stoked.

Will do.

19. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Tan= old man imo...

20. Crump's Brother

Crump's Brother Senior member

I want varsity.

i am curious to know how many anniversary jacket orders have been put through