Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Jan 7, 2011.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just put down my order for the 2011 moto. Hope it turns out as great as my last 2 pieces.

Now for the wait which is the worst part of it all :O

Then thats gunna be absolutely it from me. Maybe just the anniversary piece depending on what it is, which I hopefully will win the raffle for then I promise that is going to be absolutely all you are gunna be getting from me lol.

That's what I keep telling myself.

I just wanted a brown bomber back in late November of '10. Then I wanted a black DR. Then.....

2. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

Just put down my order for the 2011 moto. Hope it turns out as great as my last 2 pieces.

Now for the wait which is the worst part of it all :O

Then thats gunna be absolutely it from me. Maybe just the anniversary piece depending on what it is, which I hopefully will win the raffle for then I promise that is going to be absolutely all you are gunna be getting from me lol.

2 zip or 4 zip? Color?

I'm pretty jelly - you gotta post pics when you get it. When I procure enough $$ later this fall (hopefully) I plan on ordering a 2-zip moto in black lamb ahh yeeee

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

flash forward to late summer when computurd realizes I'm the only person who makes good clothes in his size... [​IMG]

4. impolyt_one

I'm assuming that ToJ has some scrap leather or suede. It would be cool to cut the leather into thin strips and use them as bracelets. Either a single band or a simple braided bracelet. It would be a nice touch to have a simple leather bracelet from the same piece of leather of your ToJ so on the days you're not wearing your badass Double Rider, you can still have a piece of ToJ with you and feel badass about it.

The leather we use wouldn't make that nice of a bracelet, garment leather is a bit different from saddle leather. Most of what is left over as scrap is in odd shapes, has grain defects, or has holes/scars and therefore get cut around when patterning. Kinda looks like leftover pie crust scraps by the time everything is said and done. Little scraps get used to pad machines, prop up wobbly tables, wrap handles of stuff, it gets used somehow.

5. impolyt_one

News update: TOJ totes we ran out of and are waiting on a fresh batch to get made still, they're supposed to be in this weekend, so we are gonna ship this week's stuff on Monday (Sunday for you dudes) and it'll arrive two days later than usual. Apologies there, but I figured people would freak out if there was no totes in the packages this time. They help protect the goods in transit anyway, so I like using them.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

News update: TOJ totes we ran out of and are waiting on a fresh batch to get made still, they're supposed to be in this weekend, so we are gonna ship this week's stuff on Monday (Sunday for you dudes) and it'll arrive two days later than usual. Apologies there, but I figured people would freak out if there was no totes in the packages this time. They help protect the goods in transit anyway, so I like using them.

oh man does that mean I won't have my much needed wallet today [​IMG]

(and slightly less needed seabag)

7. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

Are the bball jackets in this shipment? [​IMG]

8. impolyt_one

Some might be or they might bring them to me as a batch. There was a couple defects in the first few and I trashed them and sent back for re-makes.

9. Stillblade

Stillblade Senior member

This might be stupid but a lot of the ones in this thread are, so why not try. Thought of a possible name when I was reading Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics.

Vice/Virtue.

10. krayzeez

krayzeez Senior member

So are how the med gray DRs coming along from the second run? Are any of those done and going to be shipped out?

11. blynch

blynch Senior member

So are how the med gray DRs coming along from the second run? Are any of those done and going to be shipped out?

also eta on collared motos round 2.

12. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

Okay, the new brand name is

GOLDMILL

I also like PARTISAN because it contains "artisan" and partisans are badass.
    so you could write it like P.ARTISAN

13. echau

echau Senior member

Some might be or they might bring them to me as a batch. There was a couple defects in the first few and I trashed them and sent back for re-makes.

Aw, you should've just gave those away.
    Throw a tag on there that says second quality, so people don't question the rest of the TOJ stuff.

14. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

The leather we use wouldn't make that nice of a bracelet, garment leather is a bit different from saddle leather. Most of what is left over as scrap is in odd shapes, has grain defects, or has holes/scars and therefore get cut around when patterning. Kinda looks like leftover pie crust scraps by the time everything is said and done. Little scraps get used to pad machines, prop up wobbly tables, wrap handles of stuff, it gets used somehow.
    I just see potential for women's undergarments here.

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Do you go through and approved each jacket before it goes out the door? [​IMG]